+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Southampton ***Matchday Thread***

Absolute crap

I’m sure you are all waiting for an update on my shed. Well. Pleased to say it is now water tight and I still have all my fingers despite using a Stanley knife without a carer in sight

That was utter garbage, Norwich will beat us home and away, and even if we do shock everyone we haven’t got a hope at Wembley, they’ll buckle under the pressure, the defending is utter garbage and absolutely shocking, Sunday pub team defending.

Loss of form / a poor performance is one thing, but showing zero passion, pride, commitment and sadly naff all interest is shameful. Would be good if one or two at the club, had the balls to face up and apologise. Lack of leadership and experience on and off the pitch seems to be
    rearing its ugly head.

It's just feckn 5hite. The way we were built up then let down in this way. Chewed bake off missus a few times today over nought. Lol.

Opportunities not taken at the most important time of the season Andy , international break also shafted us.

It is gutting , its right up there with a few other gutting's , a top 2 gutting.

Really wish I could see the light at the end of this tunnel but we seem cooked , going into the play-offs I can only see Norwich doing us over the 2 legs just like Derby did.

Currently I see no desire , no pride , no guts ,a complete and utter collapse.

What a depressing end to it all
    Last edited by Rev72; 04-05-2024 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Opportunities not taken at the most important time of the season Andy , international break also shafted us.

It is gutting , its right up there with a few other gutting's , a top 2 gutting.

Really wish I could see the light at the end of this tunnel but we seem cooked , going into the play-offs I can only see Norwich doing us over the 2 legs just like Derby did.

Currently I see no desire , no pride , no guts ,a complete and utter collapse.

What a depressing end to it all
    Not trying to minimise the disappointment, but the international break "shafted us"?

Lots of teams, lots of players, will have been impacted one way or t'other. We're not special in any relevant sense and the nature of club football, and it's far greater importance to players nowadays should mean that games in the Championship for LUFC are where players bread and butter is earned. If those players are too weak to handle international game failure, they should retire ASAP as most will never succeed at that level and should find a profession more suited to their delicate nature.

Scotland haven't had REAL international success, ever. Didn't stop the likes of Bremner, Lorimer, McQueen, Jordan, Strachan, McAllister etc from succeeding at the highest levels of club football. We need players of a similar ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not trying to minimise the disappointment, but the international break "shafted us"?

Lots of teams, lots of players, will have been impacted one way or t'other. We're not special in any relevant sense and the nature of club football, and it's far greater importance to players nowadays should mean that games in the Championship for LUFC are where players bread and butter is earned. If those players are too weak to handle international game failure, they should retire ASAP as most will never succeed at that level and should find a profession more suited to their delicate nature.

Scotland haven't had REAL international success, ever. Didn't stop the likes of Bremner, Lorimer, McQueen, Jordan, Strachan, McAllister etc from succeeding at the highest levels of club football. We need players of a similar ilk.
    We lost Gnonto and Gruev through injury ,Welsh lads heads were gone after their failure at the Euros , think a special mention for Sky as well farting us about all the time with game date and time changes to appease the prawn sandwich brigade.

Oh and how could I forget the majority of match officials we have copped for , some right whoppers!

Agree with what you are saying but players these days are just pampered pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

Said it before that good players control the external distraction triggers but it's your own thinking as a result of the external distraction that leads you to lose focus & this woeful picture explains graphically such outcome !

Every top goalkeeper i'm told would expect the stance of his defenders should be like a boxer in such a situation - remaining sideways, on their toes & showing the attacker one way or the other but not both & at least hold the stance (like being on a surfboard).

Meslier has been exposed to this poor caper defending far too much recently, so i'll add that in "all great players" lockers all will have 'objective' - an aspect of their game that will put them in the best possible position to play well.
    Clearly the picture shows such difference between good defensive players & great ones, highlighting how anxiety effects performance when under pressure of particularly lesser mortal players ability wise.

Disappointing again, for sure. 🙁

Leeds don't have many good defensive players, never mind great ones.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)