+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Southampton ***Matchday Thread***

That picture shows completely the utter utter woeful defending that Leeds have produced in the last 2 months, it is shameful, a Sunday pub side defends better, farke should print that up in full and stick it in the dressing room as a reminder of how NOT to defend…..I would say training room, but they obviously don’t train.

I was interested to read that we had been working relentlessly on attacking at corners and that allegedly Farke had to "drag Rodon and Ampadu from the training ground" because they were practising so very hard.

That obviously worked then.

I read that to, feels like one big joke now, unfortunately the fans aren’t laughing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    I was interested to read that we had been working relentlessly on attacking at corners and that allegedly Farke had to "drag Rodon and Ampadu from the training ground" because they were practising so very hard.

That obviously worked then.
    Ah, but what was it they were practising? Spot the ball?

Watching the WSL final (Yes TV is THAT sh1t!) and I know now what it is that LUFC are seeking to emulate, fallen asleep twice so far!

Well Farke has got 2 games to try and save the season , when we appointed him I did read quite a few comments from Norwich City supporters and the general feeling was he is a good manager but a stubborn one who won't change things even when its obvious a change is needed , pretty hard to argue with that.

Sorry, not "final", just a regular season match, explains the boredom?

We seem to defend by almost exclusively watching the ball and not the other teams players and the runs they make.

Some very interesting comments from and about Gary Neville over the last 18 months about how he was so vocal on the pitch and Rio Ferdinand saying he was the best full back he played with as he was aware of other players and always communicating and warning of danger.

Maybe we should get Keown and George Graham in for a couple of days with the fabled rope to teach them how to defend.

Wherever we end up, all players will be that bit more experienced / wiser come next season, but as above we do need more leadership in the team, a couple of no nonsense grizzly types, who are loud & vocal, - we do have several young yes, but sulky, petulant players, who could do with a few harsh words from a Keown type captain.
    Both Ipswich ( bit of cash around ) and Coventry have scouted and attracted some decent Champ level players, so they are out there.

I believe that Ipswich spent hardly any thing and that 8 of their main starting eleven were all playing in league one together, shows what good coaching can do.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)