+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: O/T Lotto

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Good luck with that baby brain! 👍

Another one going on my ignore list. Get personal you will. I know my subject do you think money I put on I don't. I admit I've got next to no chance winning £1million & over with lucky dips got absolutely no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Get personal you will. I know my subject do you think money I put on I don't.
    Gru, the reason people don’t think you know your subject is because everything you’ve said about it has been factually incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Gru, the reason people don’t think you know your subject is because everything you’ve said about it has been factually incorrect.

It's not I'm trying to point people in the right direction if they're doing lucky dips to win £1million or over from experience. Free ones especially I'm certain are computer generated that you have alot less chance than if you go with chosen numbers.

It's not I'm trying to point people in the right direction if they're doing lucky dips to win £1million or over from experience. Free ones especially I'm certain are computer generated that you have alot less chance than if you go with chosen numbers.
    Just because you’re certain, doesn’t mean you’re right, and on this subject you aren’t.

Gru, just google ‘Does it make a difference if you have a luck dip or pick your own numbers?’ and let the rest of world can tell you you’re wrong so me and other posters on here don’t have to keep wasting our time.

Gru, just google ‘Does it make a difference if you have a luck dip or pick your own numbers?’ and let the rest of world can tell you you’re wrong so me and other posters on here don’t have to keep wasting our time.

I'm only interested in prizes of £1million or over googled if it makes a difference then it doesn't tell you cause they want you to believe it doesn't but from experience I know it does. Last time I'm going to say this free lucky dips are same as that stupid raffle they had only there to keep you interested.

I'm only interested in prizes of £1million or over googled if it makes a difference then it doesn't tell you cause they want you to believe it doesn't but from experience I know it does. Last time I'm going to say this free lucky dips are same as that stupid raffle they had only there to keep you interested.
    And to keep the win percentage higher as " winning" a lucky dip is considered a win in the stats

Yet you still can’t explain how they fix it to stop you from winning with one.

Yet you still can’t explain how they fix it to stop you from winning with one.

Make it harder to win with a lucky dip. Got a feeling lucky dips & lotto draw are linked. Just watched last Wednesday's draw balls come out of the machine but what how that's the question? Computer generated? Said doesn't matter as long as you can match as many as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    So essentially what you're saying is hypothetical bollix and irrelevant, certainly in this context. We both know that, so I know there's no offence taken on your part.

Putting that agreement aside, how do we apply the logic if we take away "labels" and focus entirely on the fact that we simply have 59 spherical objects swazzing around in a globe? Perhaps we could paint each ball a different colour or name them all individually after our pets. That would really confuse (simplify?) things.

You can slice it however you like, odds, evens, red, black, male or female and then present some probability figures (like you have) with the end result being the grand sum of **** all.

This sum being the merit and practical value to anyone playing Lotto.

Is that really a consideration? If Lotto consisted of just numbers 1-3, I wouldn't be drawn into selecting the number 2 on the basis that it’s the closest average outcome of a dozen draws. Neither would I select the number 30 and, being an intelligent man, neither would you. This is GCSE mathematics, i.e the mode, median and mean. Simple problems that kids are tasked with.

Absolutely.

To dumb it down, one could select numbers that come out quite often in the hope that they come out again. Conversely, one could select numbers that don't come out quite as often in the anticipation that they start to come out.

Or just buy more tickets 😁
    Personally I think only half of what Bernoulli offered the world is useful, and half is misleading. As with most theories, once they reach the masses they become more useless/dangerous when only partially understood, or incorrectly deployed.

I think of the lottery much like I think of 40 year mortgages. They offer some weird positive hope for people who lack a sense of perspective, and can't deal with basic maths. In both cases they generally disadvantage most people, and in both cases any steer given on how to improve their performance is only ever going to give a minimal impact. The best advice is to avoid both and look for better ways to make your money work for you, and not to buy into the dreams they offer.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567