+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Year or Fear!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol…wonder if it’ll go as well as his immigration thread? On the subject of which…it was reported last week that the Home Office had ‘lost’ over five and a half thousand they hoped were destined for Rwanda. Seems their carelessness knows no bounds.
    so it can run into a Tory bashing thread then? Oh the ironing.

Still Starmer wants open borders, wait till that kicks in

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

Ironing? You crease me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

Actually what he’s said is that he wants a ‘coherent plan’ for immigration…and I think it’s voters, rather than me, that have been ‘Tory bashing’ since Thursday. Seems immigration might not be quite the issue you want it to be.
    Anyway, you get back to your collars and cuffs…think you might have missed a bit there.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Ironing? You crease me.
    One would have thought he had more pressing things to do

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    One would have thought he had more pressing things to do
    He's not been on a few days probably letting off some steam.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    He's not been on a few days probably letting off some steam.
    Those election results have probably left him feeling a bit flat.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Those election results have probably left him feeling a bit flat.
    I guess he is still waiting for his usual impeccable internet sources to come with a line or two he can repeat parrot fashion.

That line about Starmer is a classic one pushed out by both Tories and the other exotic right wing commentators, which he has repeated verbatim.

I was laughing the other day at some "vox pops" that had been take from the man and woman in the street, who were claiming ow English or British culture was being "taken from them", all the examples given were not remotely true, one being that fish and chips was getting harder to find!!! Especially ironic, given most fish and chip shops are run by expat, Greeks and Cypriots and it was apparently an immigrant in the 1860's who first opened a chip shop in London!!

I mean you couldn't make it up, though clearly there is a shadowy industry out there that do and feed it to those who haven't a ****ing clue!!

Unfortunately I think the Tories will run a nasty campaign that is based on the so called "culture wars", but I am heartened that a significant proportion of the voters realise there are more important matters for the government to attend to and seem to realise the current lot are interested only in power.

"it was apparently an immigrant in the 1860's who first opened a chip shop in London!"

I think Joseph Malins from Bethnal Green might object to this suggestion.

And first in UK was possibly opened by one of rA's ancestors...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    "it was apparently an immigrant in the 1860's who first opened a chip shop in London!"

Shoppich?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)