+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lloyd Kelly signed up on free

Lloyd Kelly signed up on free

According to different reports.

I was hoping more for that Tosin guy...

Cant see that Kelly really adds much, other than hes probably better than Krafu at CB...

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post

Cant see that Kelly really adds much, other than hes probably better than Krafu at CB...
    He's a left footer plays on the other side LCB / LB.

Krafthacurta is a quality squad / rotation player.

Trips/Tino/Krafthu - RB
    Schar/Lascelles/Botman/BDB - CB - Botman & Lascelles out till Dec/Jan - Tosin Adarabioyo on a free would be another Coup!
    Targett/Hall/Kelly - LB

Krafthacurta like Kelly has the ability to cover the CB position if needed. That's the Eddie Howe flexibility he loves in his squad. Options, Options, Options!

Id Prefer we get Tosin a much better player but Kelly will be a decent squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Id Prefer we get Tosin a much better player but Kelly will be a decent squad player.
    Think he'll be off to Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    Think he'll be off to Liverpool
    Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham and Arsenal are both interested in him too. So if the lad wants to stay in London he's got options.
    As a City Graduate, born and raised in Manchester I'm not sure how he feels about the reds but they are crying out for a decent CB.

World's his oyster at this stage. Would be great to Bring Tosin in on a free as well. Two players with Prem experience for free is great business, which ever way you cut it.

Howay the boards!

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post

I think it's a decent signing.

He's an upgrade on Dummy. A decent CB and better at LB than BDB.

If we get Tosin as well then we have cover and possibly Schar long term replacement all for free and can spend more for a lb, DM, RW and striker if Wilson leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham and Arsenal are both interested in him too. So if the lad wants to stay in London he's got options.
    As a City Graduate, born and raised in Manchester I'm not sure how he feels about the reds but they are crying out for a decent CB.

World's his oyster at this stage. Would be great to Bring Tosin in on a free as well. Two players with Prem experience for free is great business, which ever way you cut it.

Howay the boards!
    Nobody knows which reports are accurate. I've only read Spurs, Chelsea, Man U and some Italian teams. And apparently he's happy to move to us to work with Howe, but wants to see who gets into Europe.

Probably a stomach ache

But i've got a gut feeing we get Tosin as well.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)