Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
Which, imo, he’s proved. He took on a Hull City side that was in big trouble and took them from relegation candidates to the brink of the Championship play offs in less than two full seasons.

I thought at the time he was harshly treated at Derby, especially in view of the players he brought in at the most difficult of times. No reflection there on Warne, who now deserves his chance of a crack at the Championship imo, but it seems Rosenior has now had the ‘rough end of the stick’ twice in quick succession. Doesn’t deserve to be treated like that.
Absolutely agree with you re Hull, ridiculous decision. Given we don't know what was said to him when Clowes took over Derby, though he was only appointed at Interim Manager/Head Coach its clear he knew he wasn't necessarily going to be appointed permanently and therefore the matter would I'm sure have been handled correctly and honestly.

Thats very different from awarding a new contract under 6 months ago and then sacking a guy for just failing to reach the playoffs. He may have been unfortunate not to be appointed by Derby, but it was hardly the rough end of the stick

Financially he will of course be fine and I doubt he will be out of a job for long, now he has shown what he can do.