+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Those released. Where will they land?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I said "with last season on his resume". He will probably be ok in a "normal" back 4. It's fair to see given the number of goals we conceded that most of the defence was not good enough last season and I would put Macari above him as the best defender - by some way. I cannot count the number of clangers without going through that video somebody posted of all the goals but it will be a considerable number I would say between 7 and 10. Far far too many. The odd one well it happens but he would make a glaring stupid error in pretty much every game he played that gifted the opposition a good chance. they did not always convert into goals.
    He will be a good player in any team that doesn't fanny about with the ball at the back and may be able to be the type of defender he was in the play-off semi last season - a bit like Mark Ellis was for Notts. It was unfair expecting him to play the role that was asked of him in League 2, as it was obvious that all of the Notts defence struggled to play that way in the National League. The only difference was that the attacking abilities of the teams in the National League wasn't as good as it was in League 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    He will be a good player in any team that doesn't fanny about with the ball at the back and may be able to be the type of defender he was in the play-off semi last season - a bit like Mark Ellis was for Notts. It was unfair expecting him to play the role that was asked of him in League 2, as it was obvious that all of the Notts defence struggled to play that way in the National League. The only difference was that the attacking abilities of the teams in the National League wasn't as good as it was in League 2.
    Never really broke into MK Dons team much before Notts but I think they were League One then. Anyway best of luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I said "with last season on his resume". He will probably be ok in a "normal" back 4. It's fair to see given the number of goals we conceded that most of the defence was not good enough last season and I would put Macari above him as the best defender - by some way. I cannot count the number of clangers without going through that video somebody posted of all the goals but it will be a considerable number I would say between 7 and 10. Far far too many. The odd one well it happens but he would make a glaring stupid error in pretty much every game he played that gifted the opposition a good chance. they did not always convert into goals.
    Fair comment, I admit he’s made a lot of mistakes but the guy was probably passing the ball more than anyone else on the pitch and sat as the last man of the team. If the other 2 hit a rubbish pass down the flanks and it’s cut out or they dribble it down there and lose it, it’s not as half as catastrophic.
    Trying to ignore some of the clangers and silly bookings I wish him well, 2 great goals in the semis and part of the winning final team, any of those players get my backing.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567