+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sky sports+ next season..

Sky have promised to give more notice of which matches will be moved.

I hope they do so we can get flights etc and not lose out

So Sky are promising to show at least 20 RUFC games this coming season, maybe more

So whilst there is no guarantee of this it’s likely to be 10 home 10 away

Assuming Sky will chase the viewing figures our home games are likely to be the local derbies.

So there’s the quandary for season ticket renewals. If you already have Sky Sports then why pay again via season ticket to see the remaining 13 home games which might be the “ cannon fodder” games of league 1?

Even if you like the live action of NYS these games won’t be sell outs and pay per game would be a better option. Plus you avoid the day and kick off changes that have blighted our games in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    So Sky are promising to show at least 20 RUFC games this coming season, maybe more

So whilst there is no guarantee of this it’s likely to be 10 home 10 away

Assuming Sky will chase the viewing figures our home games are likely to be the local derbies.

So there’s the quandary for season ticket renewals. If you already have Sky Sports then why pay again via season ticket to see the remaining 13 home games which might be the “ cannon fodder” games of league 1?

Even if you like the live action of NYS these games won’t be sell outs and pay per game would be a better option. Plus you avoid the day and kick off changes that have blighted our games in recent years.
    All league cup matches are live,so that’s at least one game of the 20 guaranteed ..

Scheduled Midweek games will be on,which are more or less equally split.Christmas and Easter games are on which are split even…plus international breaks are live..so I reckon that might take in about maybe about 16 games….so that leaves a cushion for some dotted around games like you say derbies and towards end of season crucial games at the best of sky…which I think they have made that no fixture change block till end of January.then I think it be the wildest.

ITV add another angle of viewing to this new deal…

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...air-from-2025/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123