+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: National league playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The BBC live text did remind me of one of my very favourite non-Notts games:

"Well, in all divisions, only three teams have ever lost the first leg at home by two or more goals and progressed: Bradford (v Blackpool in 1995-96), Yeovil (v Nottingham Forest in 2006-07) and Northampton (v Cheltenham in 2019-20)".
    Ah yes, what a watch that was!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The BBC live text did remind me of one of my very favourite non-Notts games:

"Well, in all divisions, only three teams have ever lost the first leg at home by two or more goals and progressed: Bradford (v Blackpool in 1995-96), Yeovil (v Nottingham Forest in 2006-07) and Northampton (v Cheltenham in 2019-20)".
    make that 4, Crewe through on penalties

Crawley already ahead at an almost deserted Stadium MK. Looks like a Crewe v Crawley final and I can see MK being favourites for the title next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Looks like a Crewe v Crawley final.
    You'd have got good odds on that happening a couple of weeks ago.

Don't know why you think MK will be favourites next season. They needed to let 8 players go last Jan as a cost cutting exercise, plus this season they were playing off last years FFP in Lg1 & more players will be released after today no doubt

Max Dean who got stick from The Kop at it again .
    Should have been sent off for violent conduct for an after tackle stamp on Williams . The Ref was turning away and didn't see it but the non assisting assistants didn't see it as usual.

Williamson could well get the sack as well after this so potentially a move if we don't start the season well

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Don't know why you think MK will be favourites next season. They needed to let 8 players go last Jan as a cost cutting exercise, plus this season they were playing off last years FFP in Lg1 & more players will be released after today no doubt
    I'm not saying I think they'll win the league, I just think the bookies will have them as favourites, and as we found out in 2018/19, being favourites means absolutely nothing.

MK get one back.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    MK get one back.
    Got to score another 4 just to take it to extra time! And could be argued he shouldn't even be in the pitch to score

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast