+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "We will update supporters in the coming days"

"We will update supporters in the coming days"

Neill Collins was sacked on 22nd April 2024 and in an Official Statement from the club by the new Sporting Director Mladen Sormaz thanking Collins for his services fans were told, "We will update supporters in the coming days".

It is now 19 days since that Statement and since then we have had a failed attempt to bring in a new Head Coach having failed to do proper research into Thalhammer's experience regarding Work Visa requirements, two Play Off Semi Final fixtures and an EFL Investigation possibly nearing it's conclusion.

Not a word from the owners, the CEO or Sporting Director.

I seem to recall Parekh at a Fan's Meeting stressing the importance of communication and transparen

I am not expecting daily words of the detail, some probably confidential, but a few words saying we are working on this, that and the other would be courteous to fans paying in their hard-earned money.

Spectemur Agendo
    Last edited by SBRed48; 11-05-2024 at 08:22 AM.

They've clearly dug themselves in to a big hole and as the saying goes stop digging so hence the silence .

Behind closed doors no doubt they are desperately trying to come up with a solution that will redeem themselves , at least from some supporters .

They really are in a hole because it's ST selling time which is probably why Collins was removed in the first place given I understand the ST take up for next season is down by 40% .

Business comes before stability on the pitch and has done since 2017 so nothing's really changed has it even with the departures of PMG and Chien Lee .

We can't be far a way either from anyone of note not touching this job with a barge pole and only the desperate to get back in brigade willing to take it on .

As in life , you reap what you sow .

I’ve just checked the website for:
    “We will update supporters in the coming days"
    I should have know better lol.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    I’ve just checked the website for:
    “We will update supporters in the coming days"
    I should have know better lol.
    Unless I am missing it the Statement does seem to have disappeared from the Barnsley Official Website Archive.

If you put in your search engine "Neill Collins Departs Oakwell, 22nd April. Barnsley FC Statement" you may well have some success.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Unless I am missing it the Statement does seem to have disappeared from the Barnsley Official Website Archive.

If you put in your search engine "Neill Collins Departs Oakwell, 22nd April. Barnsley FC Statement" you may well have some success.
    Sorry that’s me thinking it’s a new post on the website. Too much late San Miguel lol

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    They've clearly dug themselves in to a big hole and as the saying goes stop digging so hence the silence .

Behind closed doors no doubt they are desperately trying to come up with a solution that will redeem themselves , at least from some supporters .

They really are in a hole because it's ST selling time which is probably why Collins was removed in the first place given I understand the ST take up for next season is down by 40% .

Business comes before stability on the pitch and has done since 2017 so nothing's really changed has it even with the departures of PMG and Chien Lee .

We can't be far a way either from anyone of note not touching this job with a barge pole and only the desperate to get back in brigade willing to take it on .

Animal - I’m not sure whether you were a fan of Collins or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Animal - I’m not sure whether you were a fan of Collins or not ?
    Never mind , none of us know everything .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Neill Collins was sacked on 22nd April 2024 and in an Official Statement from the club by the new Sporting Director Mladen Sormaz thanking Collins for his services fans were told, "We will update supporters in the coming days".

It is now 19 days since that Statement and since then we have had a failed attempt to bring in a new Head Coach having failed to do proper research into Thalhammer's experience regarding Work Visa requirements, two Play Off Semi Final fixtures and an EFL Investigation possibly nearing it's conclusion.

Not a word from the owners, the CEO or Sporting Director.

I seem to recall Parekh at a Fan's Meeting stressing the importance of communication and transparen

I am not expecting daily words of the detail, some probably confidential, but a few words saying we are working on this, that and the other would be courteous to fans paying in their hard-earned money.

Spectemur Agendo
    Hear, hear SB.

I wonder if the silence is enforced because their target is still involved in the MK Dons play off. There are many other things that they could use this this time to inform us of.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Animal - not sure if you were a fan of Collins or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Animal - not sure if you were a fan of Collins or not ?
    Never mind , none of us know everything .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast