+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a fire sale in the summer?

Will there be a fire sale in the summer?

I can only see 3 high value players on our books.Berge,Odabert and strangely enough Muric.Will we need to sell them?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I can only see 3 high value players on our books.Berge,Odabert and strangely enough Muric.Will we need to sell them?
    City have a 50% sell on clause for Muric, so would need a big offer. It was one reason we got him quickly after Bart turned us down the 1st time

I think Trafford will be high value, he's still one of the most promising young goalkeepers in the country and a future England International.

I read in the Echo Liverpool want Trafford, 3 x clubs want Berge, Palace & Wolves want Brownhill and Beyer is off back to Germany. I reckon that’s £85 million off the balance sheet and team wise apart from Berge we won’t really feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I read in the Echo Liverpool want Trafford, 3 x clubs want Berge, Palace & Wolves want Brownhill and Beyer is off back to Germany. I reckon that’s £85 million off the balance sheet and team wise apart from Berge we won’t really feel it.
    I think you might be on the top side there mon ami, I would think somewhere between £60 and £65 million would be my estimate for those four. I could say that's my guess, but estimate sounds better doesn't it, even if it does amount to the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I did not know Beyer was leaving BT.I thought he was injured.Berge is PL quality.He has really impressed me in the second half of the season-he belongs in the PL.I reckon £25m for him.£10-15 for Trafford at best.Brownhill £8-10m.Beyer £10m maybe after his injury.That is £60m maybe £65m in my book.Odabert could bring £15-20m.Trouble is what is left then?
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 11-05-2024 at 08:52 PM.

I didn’t think we would sign a lot of players last summer, but I was wrong. This summer I think VK will mix it up yet again. Koleosho could bring some cash if he’s fit. I don’t think VK knows any other way to develop players than to throw them on the pitch and see if they swim… he will need new ones now that the last group couldn’t. And of course a few on loan.

I did not know Beyer was leaving BT.I thought he was injured.Berge is PL quality.He has really impressed me in the second half of the season-he belongs in the PL.I reckon £25m for him.£10-15 for Trafford at best.Brownhill £8-10m.Beyer £10m maybe after his injury.That is £60m maybe £65m in my book.Odabert could bring £15-20m.Trouble is what is left then?
    Not much at all. Time for VK to get out his magic wand.

Don't forget we have Weghorst, Twine, Roberts, Zaroury, McNally, Bastien, Churlinov, Obafemi, Costelloe, Peacock Farrell, Dodgson & Egan- Riley out on loan. All presumably returning to Turf Moor!

First things first. Having watched you all season and the occasional game in full when we weren't playing, I'm gutted for you - and suspect we may share the same frustrations. Kompany tries to play "the right way" but you've been punished too often by basic errors especially playing out from the back. Evatt also tries to play like City/Barca but with L1 standard players however you have some quality young players going forward and with a bit more experience they'll make the grade.
    As regards the "fire sale" difficult to say as an outside observer with no knowledge of your finances but I would have thought that with parachute payments you should have enough to keep the better prospects, win the league and have another go at the prem with wiser players and evolved tactics.
    Hopefully the management won't f*** you over and go again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)