+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I’ll give Kompany till October….

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It should have been easy to finish in front of Luton, but it's looking like we won't even manage that.
    If we correct the scoreline after the foul on Trafford we probably will.

It's not been the best season for results and some sloppy football conceeding soft goals although we've also played some good football at times.
    But in fairness we've not had much Divine favour going our way this season.
    Foster disallowed goal at Forest.
    Ramsay penalty at Villa.
    Assignon Pen & Red card at Chelsea.
    Ait Nori falling over for Free kick v Wolves.
    Adebayo foul on Trafford.
    Ridiculous error for Calvert-Lewin winner.
    Ridiculous error for Brighton equaliser.
    To name some incidents that went against us.
    Plus losing Koleosho so early in the season when showing some raw potential & losing Foster with his mental health issues just when he was starting to look sharp , along with Bayer , Ramsay & Redmond long term injuries who could have made a difference.
    I'm sure VK has made plenty of mistakes this season but hopefully learns going forward.
    No reason we can't smash the Championship next season again with the nucleus of a good squad in my opinion , with 3 or 4 additions will be strong.
    No VAR , No big club biased refs , No glory hunting fans in the Home ends and some great local games to look forward to v Bburn , PNE , Wigan , and potentially Bolton .
    I still have faith in VK to take us forward.
    Onwards & Upwards.UTC

This season has been an embarrassment

The summer recruitment was a disaster.
    Tactics, game management and man management, shambolic.

Pace our chairman gone awol. Any other premier league chairman would have binned their head coach last October, by then it was evident where we were heading.

I will be looking for more leadership from Pace next season to prevent another disaster like this. We hear rumours of poor team spirit, if this is the case next season is already lost and a change is needed
    NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    This season has been an embarrassment

The summer recruitment was a disaster.
    Tactics, game management and man management, shambolic.

Pace our chairman gone awol. Any other premier league chairman would have binned their head coach last October, by then it was evident where we were heading.

I will be looking for more leadership from Pace next season to prevent another disaster like this. We hear rumours of poor team spirit, if this is the case next season is already lost and a change is needed
    NOW!
    I don't think our chairman has gone missing at all, he's still available for a chat before most home games, I don't know another chairman who is as visible as ours

One of the reasons we've been a premier league club as long as we have been is because we haven't got rid of managers when it's got a bit tough

Season ticket sales are better than solid for next season. Believe#

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    I don't think our chairman has gone missing at all, he's still available for a chat before most home games, I don't know another chairman who is as visible as ours

One of the reasons we've been a premier league club as long as we have been is because we haven't got rid of managers when it's got a bit tough

He needs to be more pro active in a crisis, is what I meant when gone missing.

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    He needs to be more pro active in a crisis, is what I meant when gone missing.
    Not sure I'd have wanted him to do anything pro active if you are meaning to get rid of a manager
    What else would you like to have seen?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)