+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wembley!

Wembley!

So our opponents will be Crawley after an astonishing 8-1 aggregate win over MK Dons. How did that happen? Perhaps we've been looking the wrong direction in terms of who to worry about!
    Anyway, I see Ticketmaster have been given the rights to issue tickets for the final. So that means the robbers will be adding £3.75 in added charges as well as postal charges.
    So, let the excitement build. My earliest prediction for where the Alex would finish was 16th. I hurriedly (alongside many others) revised it to 9th after the good start. Although it was very exciting to be battling around 3rd place in Jan and Feb, it still seems amazing to be heading to Wembley in a weeks time.

Well, excellent fight back, energy and effort.

Penalties, yes, well schooled, similar to the Sunderland game early in the season.

Wembley, will be a lovely day out, surprised as the bookies had a Donny vs MK Dons playoff final.

Crawley, I said a few weeks back, that if I could pick an opponent, I would fancy them! It will be an open game with a few goals, hopefully we come out the right side of the goals. It should be a good spectical for Division 2 football.

It wil be a difficult time for however wins, surviving in Division 1, next year, Wrexham will see that on a weekly basis. Sides that can afford the same player payroll and similar attendances.

I am torn between promotion for the current squad, and 2024-25 / Division 1, survival as if it all goes badly, as subsequent relegation is a difficult pill.

My thoughts obviously would be a preference of building on the current squad, few additions, (5k plus attendances) then romping away with automatic promotion next year and subsequently many years of Division 1 football. However immediate gratification and promotion would be nice!

Good luck on Sunday and hope the trains run!

Lord K

Anyone having difficulty with getting tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Yes and no. Took 1 hour as the Ticketmaster site kept refusing to allow me to buy more than 1 ticket, then would not allow tickets to be added to basket, and so the whole transaction timed out. On the 20th?? Time, it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Yes and no. Took 1 hour as the Ticketmaster site kept refusing to allow me to buy more than 1 ticket, then would not allow tickets to be added to basket, and so the whole transaction timed out. On the 20th?? Time, it worked.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Buying Tickets was OK, but I can't download them to my phone Wallet, the link seems to be invalid. Has anyone else had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexFlea View Post
    Buying Tickets was OK, but I can't download them to my phone Wallet, the link seems to be invalid. Has anyone else had this problem?
    My understanding is not available till Wednesday on phone or d/load

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    My understanding is not available till Wednesday on phone or d/load
    Thanks, didn't know that but that makes sense

Looking through the Crawley forum today, they are pointing out that concessions start for 60+ for them but we are only offering for 65+.
    2 questions:
    Firstly, does anybody know if this is correct? and
    Secondly, if it is, is that allowed by law?

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    Looking through the Crawley forum today, they are pointing out that concessions start for 60+ for them but we are only offering for 65+.
    2 questions:
    Firstly, does anybody know if this is correct? and
    Secondly, if it is, is that allowed by law?
    Too late to find out for some of us!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast