Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
I might be alone in saying this Al, but i don’t think we should be aiding Ukraine. There were chances to broker peace.. did you know that Johnson said no to it? It could have been long over.
It’s the same with Israel.. did you know that Qatar brokered a deal for release of hostages a week after the 7th October but Netanhyahu declined? It could well have been over then. Only recently the families of the hostages found this out. Can you imagine how peed off these families would be? Then there was an agreement reached recently and again Netanyahu said no - because a ceasefire would rule him out of any future leadership.
Why don’t arab countries help? You’ll probably find all the arab countries have been boycotting so many companies, wiping off billions such as Mcdonalds. So they do care, just not their corrupt governments. We need to stop supplying our weapons then we’ll have no accountability.
There was no possibility of any deal that removed Russian forces from all of Ukraine. Appeasement doesn’t work, take a look back at 1939. I think war is appalling but when you have dictators such as Hitler and Putin, a stand ultimately has to be taken. I fear that there is a great deal more human tragedy to be played out at the instigation of Putin.