+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Good luck Acido

Hey Wander kid lol, what do you think about the Lg One Play offs.
    We/Burnsley, thought that we could have beat Oxford, but we didn't fancy playing either Bolton or Peterbrough. 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Wander kid lol, what do you think about the Lg One Play offs.
    We/Burnsley, thought that we could have beat Oxford, but we didn't fancy playing either Bolton or Peterbrough. ��
    It was all going well until Santos f****d up and gifted you a goal which changed the momentum of the game - after which I was absolutely bricking it. We went into our shell, gave you chances, rued the ones we missed and my ticker was struggling.
    Oxford are a different team since the man from Mumbai came in - look what they did to Posh (who were actually celebrating when they came away from the Kassam having lost 1 nil) Some deluded Wanderers fans hark back to the 5 nil humping we gave Oxford earlier in the season, but that's history and means nothing.
    We are psychologically fragile having blown automatic promotion from a winning position - 2 pts behind the leaders with 3 games in hand at the end of Feb - so I just hope we turn up for the Bolox final.
    But anything could happen. We're close to having the full team back from injury now so I'm hopeful but no more than that.
    I will be very stressed on the 18th
    Last edited by wanderlust; 12-05-2024 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Hope it goes well Sinkov. It's **** being old but hang in there pal.
    Cheers mate, and best of luck next Saturday, hopefully we'll both be playing where we 'belong' next season. Another 5-0 would be nice, but football, and life, isn't often like that is it, 1-0 will do just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Cheers mate, and best of luck next Saturday, hopefully we'll both be playing where we 'belong' next season. Another 5-0 would be nice, but football, and life, isn't often like that is it, 1-0 will do just as well.
    I think Bolton "belong" in L1 at this stage of our comeback TBH because we don't currently have the dosh to compete financially in the Championship and are likely to get battered every week - but Shazza and the management team have done all the right things to make us as ripe for investment as we can be in our location so you never know.
    Stadium and facilities have improved massively so it's a decent venue for concerts and events, "matchday experience" is loads better, great for families so encouraging the next generation and good crowds averaging 21k this season - so maybe we'll attract enough money to stabilise in a higher league in a season or two? We'll see.

Obviously the management and fans want us to go up this year but I'm not 100% convinced we're ready. There again, who ever is ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Err are you having a sneaky fizzy pop at me/us there ehh Claw kid!. 🤗
    Of course not, I am on about your man Styles.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Of course not, I am on about your man Styles.
    Nahh dun't worry abaart it mate lol. I've read your comment again, and I can see what you meant. 😁
    Btw Claw, I've never seen you lose it and argue with anybody on Footymad lol. That's impressive, I wish I could do that!!. 😉

Hey Wander, a fish called Wander ehh. 😁
    I thought you lot were going to nick the runners up place. But after we beat Derby at Oakwell, they admittedly went on an impressive run of wins.
    And we were also thinking about 2nd place at the time, just like we were this time last year as well!.
    And I'm absolutely certain that we were shafted by the officials, in last season's Final at Wembley. And the fact that it was against the truffle munching piggy oinkers Sheffdy Wendy, made it ten times worse!. 😡

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)