+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts---Bolton-v-Barnsley..Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    To answer your question bw
    Discos got a cushy number as a coach/assistant and could go on for years
    Once he takes hc role and inevitably gets sacked at some stage he’s on the sh1theap thereafter
    Fair point Dingle but is he guaranteed a job because if I were the new Head Coach I might want to bring in my own senior team and that would mean him going anyway. You’d like to be more positive and think that as HC you’d want to take Barnsley up not fail and be sacked? You’ve been so close in consecutive seasons now so you must be amongst the favourites again next year so what has he to lose? The fact is you shouldn’t be in the 3rd division, you’re better than that and have the biggest potential of any S Yorkshire club, including Rotherham, outside the two Sheffield clubs obviously. There just seems an air of negativity around at the moment but it doesn’t take much to turn it around so whoever it is who takes over let’s hope they can do that and make it third time lucky at getting up next year? ��

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    Fair point Dingle but is he guaranteed a job because if I were the new Head Coach I might want to bring in my own senior team and that would mean him going anyway. You’d like to be more positive and think that as HC you’d want to take Barnsley up not fail and be sacked? You’ve been so close in consecutive seasons now so you must be amongst the favourites again next year so what has he to lose? The fact is you shouldn’t be in the 3rd division, you’re better than that and have the biggest potential of any S Yorkshire club, including Rotherham, outside the two Sheffield clubs obviously. There just seems an air of negativity around at the moment but it doesn’t take much to turn it around so whoever it is who takes over let’s hope they can do that and make it third time lucky at getting up next year? ��
    With respect mate you don't quite understand how this club has been run. Devaney will be an assistant coach to whoever the next head coach appointment may be. The last 3 head coaches have had to work with Devaney. That's how it is. Asbaghi had to work with him, Duff the same and so too Collins.

The fact is we are run like a 3rd/4th tier club despite our record of spending the most seasons out of the 92 in the second tier. We are being run on virtually no budget. The championship is too big for us at this moment in time, way too big for us. We are out of our depth. Had we gone up this season with that defence and no significant transfer budget, we'd have been the laughing stock of the championship side shipped 100+ goals. No exaggeration that BW by the way and a large percentage of our supporters would tell you the same.

Barnsley was a proud club before this lot came in. We fans are just being completely taken the pyss out of. Last summer we sold our keeper and 2 of the back 3 defenders for a reported 6 to 7 million quid(we dont actually know the fees because they never tell the supporters anything). We replaced them with a reserve team goalkeeper (on loan), 2 none league defenders on free transfers, a defender from the French 3rd division and a Rotherham reject (on loan).

Neill Collins did an outstanding job getting us into the play offs then they sack him with a game left with no guaranteed replacement head coach coming in to take the side into our play off campaign. Crazy decision and indicative of what buffoons we are owned and run by.

We currently have numerous key players out of contract who won't be signing new deals- the likes of Cadden, Cole, Williams and Kane. With no transfer fees incoming for those lads, I dread to think what level we will recruit from to replace these outbound players. The next step up from Sunday league would be my bet.

We should've been top 10 at best before a ball was kicked this season considerinv our recruitment. We over achieved and reached the heights of 6th place where we inevitably failed in the play offs. A great season considering our recruitment last summer.

Next season we will be mid table or perhaps lower unless the owners actually look at their recruitment policy and change it. They also desperately need to bring in some proper 'football' people into the club to help run it like a professional football club rather than an amateur set up. We got expelled from the FA Cup because of an administrative oversight and we face serious FA charges(still not resolved). Our supporters are becoming sick of this ineptitude and lack of investment in the playing squad. Season ticket sales will plummet. Sad but true

This is why the place is flat BW

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345