+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hibernian v Aberdeen

Good performance today- confidence has returned following departure of Warnock.
    Thought the Hibs team have downed tools- same way our players have done over the last couple of years when things didn’t suit them. They were pish - and no coincidence that we can punish teams that sit off us and don’t press us - Motherwell was the same
    Magic for Fletcher Boyd to get his goal and the whole squad were delighted for him

A good thumping of Hibs yesterday, well done to abody, good to see the loon Fletcher Boyd score on his debut. Peter Leven has done a fine job and it’s good news he’s staying on to help Thelin.

It’s been a disappointing season but there are reasons to be optimistic, ultimately the Warnock debacle killed us this season and you can’t help but wonder where we might have finished up had Leven been left in charge to build on the 1-1 draw with Celtic on the of Colin’s arrival.

I’m sure we’ll all be happy to see the dnd of the season now and we must be favourites to win the dead rubber trophy that is finishing 7th. COYR.

Deveronvale congratulating young Fletch on his achievement today. I didn’t know he was one of the chosen. Name:  IMG_9530.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  29.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Don't get me wrong I'm as relieved as anyone that we are coasting towards the end of the season without any stress about playing Ross in a loser takes all last day shoot out and there is no doubt that Leven has got us playing better football but as The Moog says above we still have many shortcomings when we play against the better teams. Let's not forget that in the eight league games Leven has played since Warnock walked out we haven't played any of the top five teams in the league (and yes I know we played really well against celtic in the semi).

So Cormack, don't be fooled into thinking you can penny pinch in the Summer transfer window, you need to dig deep to give Thelin the quality of players we need to compete at the right end of the league next season
    I think we know now that Robson f*cked our season up.
    We can't go back and fix it, but would have been good to see what a competent manager could have got out the squad this season.

Whilst we need better quality in areas, we have seen this past few months that the team can play and there were some games under Robson where we looked good too.

Confidence plays a big part in any team and we never had much of it in the team at times.

Leven deserved a lot of credit for turning it around and giving the players their confidence back. The signing and fitness levels of Hoilet has gave us a quality that was missing too.

I'm hoping we go quality over quantity in our dealings this summer and to f*ck with the data.

I think there’s more to it than just being purely down to Robson that our season was fvcked.

The players are as much to blame for our season being shyte with their precious attitudes.If anything we were worse when Warnock took over who they clearly weren’t playing for.

I saw Clarksons interview where he was talking about his confidence being low because of the previous managers tactics and instructions.

Well it’s great that Peter Leven built up his confidence again but didn’t Robson do that last season when he took over from Goodwin?

Let’s hope Leven or Thelin don’t say or tell Clarkson to do something he doesn’t like next season or he will likely lose his confidence again.

It’s great that we have gone on a winning run again towards the end of the season but I still think there’s a lot of issues behind the scenes that could resurface next season like they have done in the past 3 or 4 years.

I did hope this independent review would result in a few non playing staff being shown the door but it seems like it was a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Deveronvale congratulating young Fletch on his achievement today. I didn’t know he was one of the chosen. Name:  IMG_9530.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  29.3 KB
    His goal last night reminded me on another loon from up your neck of the woods.

He didn't work out too badly either.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234