+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Even though he isn't clinical in front of goal, he offers us a lot. He chases after balls and can be a nuisance when he's at the top of his game.

I think he's our best available striker for those reasons. Weimann is probably a better finisher, but he can't offer us what Asante can in terms of nuisance factor. Especially playing Southampton away, we need someone who can help us get up the pitch.

I also thought he played really well versus Preston, and did okay on Saturday too.

Yes he played well against Preston but from two very easy sitters one of which my late granny could have scored! We need someone who knows where the net is and goals win matches. I will be seething on Friday if the same easy sitters are missed FFS! Good shout with AJ up front as lovely crosses come in from Fellows and Johnston and long throws from Furlong but nobody there!! Can Asante head the ball?

Yes we know he works hard - links up play blah blah but we will get 2/3 chances probably on Friday.............

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I've said this for a while. If we've been losing by the odd goal this season I don't know why we haven't chucked Ajayi up top for the last 5 mins and play direct.

He's big and quick, so can be a handful just with his attributes. Plus, he's not got a bad scoring record for a defender.
    Exactly this 123!👏🏻

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Exactly this 123!👏🏻
    Agreed 100 %, I”ve been advocating Ajayi for a very long time as a forward option, previous seasons too. This season he might very well be one of our best options…

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)