+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chris Rigg

Chris Rigg

Man U, Leverkusen and Dortmund all interested in him..

Surely we will make a play for him, local lad who supports us.. His dad has had meetings with members of our board last season (I work with his uncle)

Be daft if we didn't even try.. it has Michael Carrick written all over it

Would be nice, but the middle is probably an area we have the most strength in depth at the minute when everyone is fit and not banned.

If we’d had Tonali all season in think would have made a massive difference to a lot of results this season, with Miley and Anderson making great progress this season I think having Bruno, Big Joe, Tonali, Miley, Anderson, Willock should be enough (yes, I am putting Longstaff is the ‘for sale’ players)… assuming we can sort Willock’s fitness out and have him available more.

I just reckon a 3rd striker (keeping Wilson) and a RW, if we get Tosin, then a new second choice keeper, might be the priority.

All just my opinion mind :-)

Correct about the midfield.. I've been saying this a while that we are stacked (keeping Bruno that is)..

I do think Rigg is onto bigger and better things than Sunderland though and good luck to him with him being a fellow mag..

I think we need a new first choice keeper though to be fair, agree with the rest.. maybe a left back too (Kelly perhaps)

I'd be happy if we get him and I'd like to but I think he might end up at Dortmund.

I get the feeling a lot of talented youngsters will be looking at them.

I have heard though, we're in talks with him and he'd like it. His family are also quite keen on him staying in area - same person that said we'd be going back in for Botman before that hit airwaves.

Be great if we got him. Very highly thought of, Toon fan and it would piss the mackems off massively.

Don't see any negatives there.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)