+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Errors cost us in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    The majority of fans want to watch a winning team. I certainly don't want to watch my team get beat 4-3 every week. I would rather watch us scrap out a 1-0 win.
    I get more pleasure watching us keep a clean sheet in the Premier league than us scoring a 3-3 draw, at least then you know you are at it defensively
    We all want to win ballcock , but defending for 80 mins a game isn’t what i call entertaining football.

Each to their own I suppose

This must be the first time you’ve been happy in the last 8 months - you just need the club to sack VK and job done.

Incidentally I’ve seen much worse football served up at Burnley over the years than what we just watched.

The comment about none of the players good enough to play in the league is incorrect - we made mistakes this season but we’ll learn from them and improve.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    We all want to win ballcock , but defending for 80 mins a game isn’t what i call entertaining football.

This must be the first time you’ve been happy in the last 8 months - you just need the club to sack VK and job done.

Incidentally I’ve seen much worse football served up at Burnley over the years than what we just watched.

The comment about none of the players good enough to play in the league is incorrect - we made mistakes this season but we’ll learn from them and improve.
    We didn’t make mistakes, Kompany did. For me, he’s on trial for the first three months. This is not any old football club, like Luton Town. This is Burnley Football Club, we are discussing here. Either Kompany is good at his job, or he isn’t. Right now , it appears the jury is out ,on whether or not he should stay. Time will tell if he’s up to it . I have a feeling, we’ll all find out pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    We didn’t make mistakes, Kompany did. For me, he’s on trial for the first three months. This is not any old football club, like Luton Town. This is Burnley Football Club, we are discussing here. Either Kompany is good at his job, or he isn’t. Right now , it appears the jury is out ,on whether or not he should stay. Time will tell if he’s up to it . I have a feeling, we’ll all find out pretty soon.
    Indeed this is Burnley Football Club , in reality we are an average Championship club at best in terms of size.
    We've no divine right to be in the premierleague , we've been punching above our weight for years.
    I still think VK will bring us back stronger and will be better for this seasons experience. UTC

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Thing is Mal I have this discussion with ballcock and I ask who should we have bought , who should the manager be then and why - it’s no good slagging the manager staff and most of players off and offering nothing as a alternative or solution.

There are people on here want miracles yes we spent 90 million plus on 15 players - but we couldn’t buy the three that left us for much less than that.

I agree with most that we bought too much youth but experience at this level costs a lot of money - so we could have blown the whole budget on 2/3 players and had no squad to back it up.

Please don’t say Benson - Zaroury are the answer as they’re not otherwise they’d have been delivering and doing it regularly for us in the Premiership.

We did get it wrong but is all the blame at VK door - I’m not sure tbh.

What I do know is if we do get back up again we’ll be better prepared than this time around and more particular in recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    This season has been the worse watch in years, the football has been diabolical.

Dyche ball was far better than the crap performance we have had to endure this season

Bar Berge non of the players have been good enough and wouldn't get in any of our Dyche sides
    They’d of played ballcock - they’d just all become better defenders 👍

Anyone with any sign of crossing the half way line mind would need to be reprimanded

I mean look at maxwell Cornet a breath off fresh air gliding past people scoring goals - within 6 games he was part of the ridgid wall that didn’t venture forward unless we got a set piece or corner.

I debated this many times on here previously we had Lennon granted at his twilight but I watched him make runs for weeks and not get the ball and if he did he’d look up and no one was with him- most said he was poor I think he just lost the will to make the runs in a very cautious system.

Swings and roundabouts this season we try to play from the back all the time and get punished alot - plus in a Dyche side he wouldn’t allow the ball to come in the box all the time and if it did we’d have solid centre backs who met it for fun.

I still think the future is bright tbh if we can keep a few together and as at the beginning of this season get a solid centre back big strong and quick and if Berge goes ( Brownhill will surely ) a athletic strong centre mid with vision of a pass or two.

I mean look at maxwell Cornet a breath off fresh air gliding past people scoring goals - within 6 games he was part of the ridgid wall that didn’t venture forward unless we got a set piece or corner.
    That's how I saw it too army, it was sad to see his enthusiasm bridled.

Cannot agree more Army.It was pergotary watching Dyche sides play and still is.Football should be entertaining whether it is in the PL or League 2.
    I would much rather watch a VK oriented side in the Championship than a SD side in the PL.Horses for courses.I have a funny feeling the club had factored in possible relegation and the core of the group will stay and get stronger in the Championship-they are still very young.Next time(if it comes) the club and VK will be wiser in their recruitment me thinks.We are now on track probably with the long term plan once the remaining SD players leave.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 14-05-2024 at 09:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)