+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Forest Crying (Again)

Seems their move to Toton might have some traction. It's just been mentioned in the sports headlines on Talksport following an interview with their owner in the Daily Mail this morning "The stadium and training ground are not befitting the status and ambitions of the club," and picked up by the Nottingham Post.
    OK it may result in them being more successful but if they're no longer in the city, Notts wouldn't be in their shadow so much and have a reason to exist other than act as alternative for those who prefer to back an underdog or for those who can't afford PL ticket prices. We'd be representing a territory of our own.
    I'm all for it

They might aswell move to pride park and ground share.!!

I’d love to see them move.

Mainly because it would be the death of that awful song about a mullocking tyre.

Their fans are proper pissed off about it but it's been obvious for ages their owner wants them to move to make more money on corporate etc. I've always felt they had little intention of building a new Main Stand, a few of their fans have suggested they completely rebuild the ground and move temporarily to Meadow Lane for a couple of years whils it's being built.

Let them move… the money it would take to buy the land and build a 40-50k all seater would be 100’s of millions. By all accounts it’s what has impacted Everton’s abilities to balance the books with FFP.
    The obvious choice IMO is to pay the 10m the council want to purchase the freehold. Then build a new stand as planned. The cost would be significantly less especially when you factor in that they have 2 relatively modern stands. It will be a bit like Fulham where they have reduced capacity whilst work happens. This would be a further boost for us IMO

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Their fans are proper pissed off about it but it's been obvious for ages their owner wants them to move to make more money on corporate etc. I've always felt they had little intention of building a new Main Stand, a few of their fans have suggested they completely rebuild the ground and move temporarily to Meadow Lane for a couple of years whils it's being built.
    Could your last sentence be our motivation for under soil heating? The revenue in the short term would surely be a huge plus?

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Their fans are proper pissed off about it but it's been obvious for ages their owner wants them to move to make more money on corporate etc.
    Their new Premiership ‘fans’ would probably love it, but I would have some sympathy with their older fans. They would see it as binning years of proud history in pursuit of the riches offered by the greed league.

I hope my first and last home games as a Notts fan take place at Meadow Lane.

Forest moving to Toton would see the revenue of The Nest badly hit though. I'm sure the the money generated from Premiership away fans would have been in the costings for it.

I really struggle to see a reason for us to install undersoil heating, we had one game cancelled was it last season so makes no sense. Aren't winters suppose to be getting milder due to "climate change" so we'll never need it. Maybe that and the Premiership style pitch is as mentioned to allow Forest to use Meadow Lane in the future.

Move, start building, get relegated 2 yrs before due to move in, then relegated again just before they move in. No need for the 50k stadium then.
    Is he putting kebab shops in each stand?

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Forest moving to Toton would see the revenue of The Nest badly hit though. I'm sure the the money generated from Premiership away fans would have been in the costings for it.

I really struggle to see a reason for us to install undersoil heating, we had one game cancelled was it last season so makes no sense. Aren't winters suppose to be getting milder due to "climate change" so we'll never need it. Maybe that and the Premiership style pitch is as mentioned to allow Forest to use Meadow Lane in the future.
    Forest won't move, moving to Toton won't see them increase their attendance, in fact, moving them to Derby territory will see them drop potentially. Its like when they planned to move to Gamston, never happened again because they're moving out of where their fans will go. The only transport link I the tram, very few facilities in the area for 40,000+ every other week. They don't need anything more than 40,000, it's only since they've gone up that they've actually sold out which says everything you need to know.

The under soil heating was added now because it is a requirement for the Championship, now it could be we never get there but as this kind of pitch renovation happens maybe once a decade shows the ambition of the owners.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast