+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Summer Sporting Fixes

Summer Sporting Fixes

Anyone got any interest in any sports in the fallow period before the season starts? Me, krikkit obviously with it’s inevitable highs and lows, Olympic underdogs, F1 likewise and that’s already delivered with Lando Norris, Indy 500 next week, and the highlight may be, and at least one old fart will have tears in their eyes, if The Manx Missile Mark Cavendish wins a TDF stage

Anyone?

Well we have the euros, that's a fair gap filler.

F1 yes , hopefully Lando,or someone can at least put up a fight in some races against Verstappen

Bit of Tennis maybe. But I quite enjoy the break between seasons.

CL, EL and ConfL finals to come. FA Cup final of course. Euros. Giro happening now. TDF to come. Golf. F1, although yer man will still dominate, just not as overwhelmingly as last year. Not, of course, forgetting the limpicks where I expect both of my nations to be top ten in the medal tables. Tennis, Roland Garros, MKbleDons

Out and about regularly on my racing bike, piling up the km's and losing kg's.

Actually I adopt the reverse policy, looking for something to fill in the winter months when the cricket season ends....

Golf, Euros (ignore any other footie), the good old bat and ball game with a particular interest in a new(ish) quickie attack, some of the Olympics. All whilst building up the mental strength needed for another season as the mighty Rams battle to stay in the Championship!

I forgot the impatient wait for fixture release day and then the release of the Sky TV matches. Looking which games I want to fly over for, scratch any that are on international weekends, does the broadcast time/day make a game look more/less attractive. Book flights, hotels, trains etc etc etc

More than enough to keep me busy.

I'm also, starting today, keeping tabs on which dumbass sites/FB pages/X accounts have "linked" us with players. When the window shuts I'll post the list including whether or not they actually signed...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Actually I adopt the reverse policy, looking for something to fill in the winter months when the cricket season ends....
    Is that 'reverse' or 'obverse' or........ Just bloody awkward🤔🤣

Probably all three 😀

Have been following baseball recently, though despite some recent wins, the unfortunate team I adopted seems to have started the season poorly. Wonder if there's another sport I can inflict "The Derby Way" on?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Have been following baseball recently, though despite some recent wins, the unfortunate team I adopted seems to have started the season poorly. Wonder if there's another sport I can inflict "The Derby Way" on?
    Many years ago, we had Canadian neighbours from Toronto. Started to follow the Blue Jays. First full season I followed them they won the World Series. Been crap ever since... like you, I seem to have inflicted them with the Derby Way... as you can see from the current standings in the American League East... strongest team in the League, they're holding the rest up

Name:  Jays .jpg
Views: 22
Size:  15.2 KB
    Last edited by MadAmster; 16-05-2024 at 01:28 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)