+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Off to San Francisco on Monday. A few days there then off to Canadian Rockies for a week before returning to Vegas for a few nights. I'll be in Calgary if we make play off final so be trying to get a link for the game.
    Last time we were in Canada we had two days on the Rocky Mountaineer train, from Jasper to Vancouver, absolutely splendid; are you going to ride the Mountaineer, Tipps?

We’re going to Poole, then later in the year to Wookey Hole.

Treating the kids to Orlando end of June then Dubai and hopefully Fuerteventura again where I worked for many years. Stayed at home last Xmas for the first time in years and hated it so will go away somewhere - anywhere 😂

Can't stand airports & hate cruising: so its Rye next month & Corfe Castle with the family to celebrate our golden wedding at the end of August

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Last time we were in Canada we had two days on the Rocky Mountaineer train, from Jasper to Vancouver, absolutely splendid; are you going to ride the Mountaineer, Tipps?

We’re going to Poole, then later in the year to Wookey Hole.
    No Ketts. We are travelling from Calgary to Banff, then Jasper and finally Lake Louise before returning to Calgary. We did consider the Rocky Mountaineer but as we had already travelled the Glacier Express in Switzerland, we decided to just hop from town to town in the Rockies.

No Ketts. We are travelling from Calgary to Banff, then Jasper and finally Lake Louise before returning to Calgary. We did consider the Rocky Mountaineer but as we had already travelled the Glacier Express in Switzerland, we decided to just hop from town to town in the Rockies.

Just as an aside chaps, have you noticed what a ball ache it is sorting out all of your medication for these long trips at our time of life? 😩

Getting the prescriptions for extended trips and then making sure you split that medication and pack it in different bags in case it gets lost whilst travelling! 😩🤣

When me and the wife travel they look at me during the bag check like I’m Walter White from Breaking Bad I’m carrying so much gear!

Banff to Jasper, the Icefields Parkway, a really wonderful drive; look out for the bears, we saw a grizzly and several black bears from fairly close quarters…..!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’ve never done Madeira Thomas, have you been previously?

My wife thinks we should try it.
    Yes, this was our 6th visit, we fell in love with in 2018. You should def listen to your mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Good for you. I trust you will be beating several more land speed records in your car en route? If so watch out for mobile speed check units which seem to on the rise over here 😉.

So far this year I have travelled to a number of destinations in the football league, some of which have been less exotic than the other not particularly exotic destinations. I also walk a lot.

And by a lot I mean a fkn lot. It's not just air miles that need offsetting with marauding Vikings equipped with motor vehicles spreading car fumes faster than a nymphomaniac drops her knickers. You're welcome Thomas 😎.
    ”I trust you will be beating several more land speed records in your car en route? If so watch out for mobile speed check units which seem to on the rise over here”

🤣🤣🤣

Tbh, I’ve been caught speeding on numerous occasions, in several countries, in various ways (camera, stopped by police, chased by police in car, chased by f at cop on motor bike etc).

But, I have never been done in your friendly country, and I have driven thousands of miles there… Maybe they look the other way when it comes to marauding Vikings!? 😎🤭

You know obviously like somewhere so picturesque that there’s no need to travel anywhere 68?

Tbh……that’s how I felt when I moved to Chaddesley Corbett but unfortunately I find that it’s only when I travel to another destination that my woes and pressures seem to dissipate.

Many people would look at my location and think they were already on holiday!

I only wish it worked like that for me but I have to get away to get away if that makes sense?

You should treat yours and your beloved to a holiday though mate, most of us deserve one.
    Hey Mick, ever get in the Swam for a Bathams?
    I’m up there now n again especially when my uncle visits as he always says let’s have a Bathams

Lovely village

Exmouth is lovely Q, one of my best mates lives there.

Lovely other places you can visit from there as well.

An excellent choice of destination mate.
    Thanks Mick. I’m quite looking forward to it now. I hope the beer is palatable.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)