+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The 0-0

The 0-0

I don’t think that was a bad scoreline for our first match. If we were 0-1 down we could be exposed at the back to equal the scoreline. If we were 1-0 up we might be tempted to defend that lead. I think 0-0 means we can treat it just like another match. A lot is said about our away record but if you count a draw as a result (which it is) then we have done well in 14 matches and lost 9. That’s not shambolic. We’ve scored 4 away from home a couple of times, so we can score away from home. Just my thoughts.

I’m 100% in agreement mate.

I have been saying all week that I prefer the score being 0-0 rather than being 1-0 to the good as I feel the latter score would have us trying to defend that lead from the off and i do not think we can defend for 90 minutes and not concede. Go there and play like we did against Leicester only this time take our chances.

This match reminds me of 2001 play offs the year before we eventually went up under Megson.

We drew 2-2 at home to Bolton who were a far better side than us at that time and they kicked our a r s e in the second leg, I think it was 3-0.

If we are not spot on with every detail on Friday I can see this happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    This match reminds me of 2001 play offs the year before we eventually went up under Megson.

We drew 2-2 at home to Bolton who were a far better side than us at that time and they kicked our a r s e in the second leg, I think it was 3-0.

If we are not spot on with every detail on Friday I can see this happening again.
    That was the stepping stone season, and what happened the following year is legendary running down a Wolves 13 point advantage 😂

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Yes this feels like a similar type of game. Was that not Lee hughes final game for us before his cov move, anyway onto Fridays game, I will be surprised if we make it tbh but you never know.we must score first or it’s gonna be a long night..I’m hoping the lads can do it. If they do then what a weekend. If not then heads up we go again in august with renewed optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by boinggazmic View Post
    Yes this feels like a similar type of game. Was that not Lee hughes final game for us before his cov move, anyway onto Fridays game, I will be surprised if we make it tbh but you never know.we must score first or it’s gonna be a long night..I’m hoping the lads can do it. If they do then what a weekend. If not then heads up we go again in august with renewed optimism.
    I did say last week that I had a funny feeling we might draw our way to promotion.

Three draws and two penalty shoot out wins!

How excruciating would that be!?🤣🤣😩

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)