+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: League Two Signings Thread 2024/25

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Sarcevic has just left Stockport, 32, but the comments from their fans seem to be their very disappointed with it and say he’s got plenty left in the tank. I’d certainly offer him a years deal at Notts if he’s in a good shape, he’s just the type we need IMO.
    He’s signing for Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    And you know that how?
    It was blindingly obvious to everyone that we needed to strengthen the the defence after gaining promotion. But sooner than do the the obvious, We chose to sign an ageing playing in a position that wasnt a necessity. I believe the motive was Just to excite the fans and sell more season tickets.. Apart from a few good games he was very average.. I dont like spending my money watching old players come back for old time sake.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I really hope its not Ashby-Hammond
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    It was blindingly obvious to everyone that we needed to strengthen the the defence after gaining promotion. But sooner than do the the obvious, We chose to sign an ageing playing in a position that wasnt a necessity. I believe the motive was Just to excite the fans and sell more season tickets.. Apart from a few good games he was very average.. I dont like spending my money watching old players come back for old time sake.
    But you don't know that is what stopped us from getting a defender. You really think the club didn't try? I'd understood that there were targets and for whatever reason, not goldilocks. we didn't get them. That possibility doesn't suit your agenda though. Never mind, you might mellow over a wet summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    But you don't know that is what stopped us from getting a defender. You really think the club didn't try? I'd understood that there were targets and for whatever reason, not goldilocks. we didn't get them. That possibility doesn't suit your agenda though. Never mind, you might mellow over a wet summer.
    As long as we don't sign any more old players on a last swansong..
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-05-2024 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Sarcevic has just left Stockport, 32, but the comments from their fans seem to be their very disappointed with it and say he’s got plenty left in the tank. I’d certainly offer him a years deal at Notts if he’s in a good shape, he’s just the type we need IMO.
    The reason Madden left was because they only offered him a year and Chesterfield offered him 2. I'd imagine Sarcevic would be the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Nailed it. Defence aside, we're pretty much promotion-worthy. We need three or four quality additions at the back/midfield that come straight into the first team and make a difference.
    Last season it was clear for all to see we had a national league defence and league one attack so as you say we should be solely focused on bolstering the defensive side of the team in particularly the back 3/4 and keeper.

Matty Palmer returning to midfield will be like a new signing having been out since last November.

As for the likes of Paddy Madden it’s a no to these types of players for me. McGoldrick was an exception as he is a Nottingham boy, and a Notts man. The fact he scored 25 goals the season before at Derby in League One meant it was a no brainer. Plus I thought he had a good season for us and have confidence he can do a job for us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Last season it was clear for all to see we had a national league defence and league one attack so as you say we should be solely focused on bolstering the defensive side of the team in particularly the back 3/4 and keeper.

Matty Palmer returning to midfield will be like a new signing having been out since last November.

As for the likes of Paddy Madden it’s a no to these types of players for me. McGoldrick was an exception as he is a Nottingham boy, and a Notts man. The fact he scored 25 goals the season before at Derby in League One meant it was a no brainer. Plus I thought he had a good season for us and have confidence he can do a job for us next season.
    I think McG had a good half season. To eke another season out of him we'll need to be more solid behind him to let him do his work around the box. He spent too much time coming deep to help the midfield and we wore him out to the point of him offering pretty much no goal threat by the season's end. Jatta definitely deserves to start ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I think McG had a good half season. To eke another season out of him we'll need to be more solid behind him to let him do his work around the box. He spent too much time coming deep to help the midfield and we wore him out to the point of him offering pretty much no goal threat by the season's end. Jatta definitely deserves to start ahead of him.
    Bench warmer at best behind Scott...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Bench warmer at best behind Scott...
    Wow! You really do have something against McGoldrick. I personally think he was great first half of season but due to our injuries and lack of fire power we played him far too much and nullified his threat due to fatigue later in season. I for one hope he is given fair playing time this season.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast