+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: OT - Music. Gigs. Sounds bought.

Latest "discovery":

The Reality of Yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3fbiGLb634

Also do a passable impression of Duane, Dicky and the boys' "Whipping Post"

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Latest "discovery":

The Reality of Yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3fbiGLb634

Also do a passable impression of Duane, Dicky and the boys' "Whipping Post"
    Derivative Southern Rock but if you like it you like it. I like it

All credit rA for liking an artiste created this millennium but I’d be out with MA given the choice. Now where are those tour dates?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    All credit rA for liking an artiste created this millennium but I’d be out with MA given the choice. Now where are those tour dates?
    Fair enough…each to their own…but actually they go back to ‘97 - longer with a different name - although I didn’t first see them until 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Fair enough…each to their own…but actually they go back to ‘97 - longer with a different name - although I didn’t first see them until 2002.
    A pointer to how out of touch I am musically

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Looks like the Stones are in the States in June and she's playing dates there with them.

JUNE 2024

Camping World Stadium, Orlando, FL – Mon 3rd

Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA – Fri 7th

Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA – Tue 11th

Cleveland Browns Stadium, Cleveland, OH – Sat 15th

Empower Field at Mile High, Denver, CO – Thu 20th

Soldier Field, Chicago, IL – Thu 27th

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Last Monday I was in Tivoli Vredenburg, Utrecht for "an evening with Betty Lavette". For those who aren't aware of her, she's been performing Blues, R&B and Soul for 60 years and is now 78. Still touring. Still recording. This concert consisted of 90 minutes of very polished Blues and R&B, all from her last 2 albums, Lavette and Blackbird. All new stuff to me. Keyboard, bass, guitar and drum accompaniment. All very professional musicians. Betty still has a very good voice with a wide range and lots of power when needed. An extremely enjoyable evening with the lady. She did occasionally take to her stool for a song but, at 78, you can't blame her for that. I believe the next leg of her tour is the UK, I highly recommend a visit if you get the chance. One of the things she told us was that in June of this year she will be appearing with the Rolling Stones. They might all be getting on in years but they are certainly not members of geriatrics anonymous.
    At a mere 78 she’s still ‘giving’ Jagger and Richards a couple of years. Cradle snatchers! Great voice though.

Isn't she a Bettye with an absurd extra "e"

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Isn't she a Bettye with an absurd extra "e"
    Let it go, GP. Don’t be so reactionareeee!

I've had a bit of a 'duck the world' day, you know sod it I'm doing duck all today. This afto watched a bit of golf then listened to Leonard and followed up with Joe Bonamassa and Eric Gales. Most enjoyable.
    Now it's golf again with a Peddy or two whilst boss lady cooks dinner and what a cook she is. Who needs the footie season😎

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)