+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nuts & Jet2.

It does seem extreme, I can't see the same happening if they caught a bus or a train or went to an event in an arena.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    It does seem extreme, I can't see the same happening if they caught a bus or a train or went to an event in an arena.
    Do they ever go to shops, supermarkets, pubs, restaurants or cinemas, such places are awash with peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Do they ever go to shops, supermarkets, pubs, restaurants or cinemas, such places are awash with peanuts.
    Probably, but not with the same recirculating air system in a confined space though

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    Probably, but not with the same recirculating air system in a confined space though
    Is it too obvious to suggest that if a same recirculating air system in a confined space can damage your health, or even lead to your death, then do not, under any circumstances, place yourself in said confined space.

Is it too obvious to suggest that if a same recirculating air system in a confined space can damage your health, or even lead to your death, then do not, under any circumstances, place yourself in said confined space.
    I guess if people are selfish enough not to give up something ( that they probably don't eat anyway) for a few hours, then yes, you might as well lock yourself away.
    Fortunately most people are not like that, and are understanding of others needs

I guess if people are selfish enough not to give up something ( that they probably don't eat anyway) for a few hours, then yes, you might as well lock yourself away.
    Fortunately most people are not like that, and are understanding of others needs
    Next time I fly this is me and the missus in case some inconsiderate sod farts or eats a Nutella sandwich...

Name:  Burnley fans at Ewood.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  49.6 KB

So humanitarian when you can do bugger all about it but couldn't give a toss when you can. Very strange indeed.
    Leopards and spots spring to mind.

But 'most people' isn't enough is it, you need 100% compliance on a plane with potentially 400 people on board, many of whom will be 'worse for wear' if you know what I mean. If you want to put your own life, or even worse your child's life, in the hands of drunken arsewipes on an aeroplane, you need to give your head a fecking great wobble imo.

Besides which,

"Although nut allergy is real and scary for parents and sufferers – it can’t for practical purposes be transmitted through the air enough to cause these severe reactions. Researching the story for my new book, The Diet Myth, I spoke to several of the world’s leading food allergy consultants including Adam Fox, a consultant in paediatric allergy at St Thomas’ Hospital. He and colleagues who have worked for many years testing thousands of children with severe allergic reactions had “never heard of nut vapours causing these severe reactions”. Peanut particles are heavy and although can form dust on surfaces, studies have been unable to detect peanut particles in the air or the key allergens in the air in sufficient amounts to cause a reaction. They all agreed that the plane incident as it was reported could not have occurred however strong the plane air conditioning or the belief of the parents. Her lips or tongue must have touched something else directly. The timing was unfortunate and the exact trigger still a mystery."

But 'most people' isn't enough is it, you need 100% compliance on a plane with potentially 400 people on board, many of whom will be 'worse for wear' if you know what I mean. If you want to put your own life, or even worse your child's life, in the hands of drunken arsewipes on an aeroplane, you need to give your head a fecking great wobble imo.

Besides which,

"Although nut allergy is real and scary for parents and sufferers – it can’t for practical purposes be transmitted through the air enough to cause these severe reactions. Researching the story for my new book, The Diet Myth, I spoke to several of the world’s leading food allergy consultants including Adam Fox, a consultant in paediatric allergy at St Thomas’ Hospital. He and colleagues who have worked for many years testing thousands of children with severe allergic reactions had “never heard of nut vapours causing these severe reactions”. Peanut particles are heavy and although can form dust on surfaces, studies have been unable to detect peanut particles in the air or the key allergens in the air in sufficient amounts to cause a reaction. They all agreed that the plane incident as it was reported could not have occurred however strong the plane air conditioning or the belief of the parents. Her lips or tongue must have touched something else directly. The timing was unfortunate and the exact trigger still a mystery."
    SInky, so does this mean that we can trust some experts but not others? I am confused! Who do we believe about what?
    Permission requested to remain ever the cynic and believe nowt and carry on regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    So humanitarian when you can do bugger all about it but couldn't give a toss when you can. Very strange indeed.
    Leopards and spots spring to mind.
    They also announced on the new Jet2 Airbus I travelled on they have a disabled person's wheelchair available to move about the cabin. If the nuts don't get you the f*cking wheelchair will.

Are you seriously equating killing these kids with bombs and bullets with an aeroplane ban on eating f*cking peanuts?

Name:  Palestinian kids.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  7.7 KB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)