+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nuts & Jet2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    They should f*cking stay at home then.
    Hear bloody hear 👏

I wouldn't want nut jobs on my flight

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The sense of entitlement beggars belief mon ami, if I had a nut allergy and might die if someone at the back of the plane was surreptitiously scoffing peanuts, never mind what the Trolley Dolly says over the tannoy, I wouldn't be getting on the plane.
    If you were that nutty, you shouldn't have booked the flight in the first place

They also announced on the new Jet2 Airbus I travelled on they have a disabled person's wheelchair available to move about the cabin. If the nuts don't get you the f*cking wheelchair will.

Are you seriously equating killing these kids with bombs and bullets with an aeroplane ban on eating f*cking peanuts?

Attachment 26164
    Human life is human life in my eyes, whether you are allergic to bombs or something else if they can kill you. I do not 'hate' anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    SInky, so does this mean that we can trust some experts but not others? I am confused! Who do we believe about what?
    Permission requested to remain ever the cynic and believe nowt and carry on regardless.
    As ever Sub, you believe just what you want to believe and trust only those you feel you can trust. I've scoured the internet for reports of deaths on aircraft caused by nut allergies. I may well have missed something but I've only found one, and that was a young girl who had died after eating a sandwich she had bought from Pret, it was nothing to do with nuts being eaten or sold on the plane itself. Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    As ever Sub, you believe just what you want to believe and trust only those you feel you can trust. I've scoured the internet for reports of deaths on aircraft caused by nut allergies. I may well have missed something but I've only found one, and that was a young girl who had died after eating a sandwich she had bought from Pret, it was nothing to do with nuts being eaten or sold on the plane itself. Make of that what you will.
    Sinky, the big problem in these days of people trying to find reasons to obtain compensation for whatever, the airlines etc. are placed in an impossible situation as far as allergies are concerned. Client says that they or someone connected with them has an allergy, airline makes announcement as detailed by BT, something happens, whether connected with the airline travel or not, and there will always be lawyers willing to earn a crust by presenting some sort of case to try to obtain compensation, even though the problem was caused by something way beyond the airline's control.
    It is a corrupt world in which we live.

I saw that mon ami, I still find it astonishing that parents are happy to farm out the responsibility for the health of their child to a couple of hundred complete strangers on a plane, many of whom will be pissed. They should be prosecuted for Child Abuse.
    Last edited by sinkov; 26-05-2024 at 08:42 AM.

The good thing was that the passengers were happy to conform.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    The good thing was that the passengers were happy to conform.
    What I read Pete is that the parents began asking passengers to refrain from eating nuts and wouldn't sit down when requested so the captain told the crew to throw them off. I have no doubt in this authoritarian, nanny state world we live in it cannot be long before our imbecilic legislators ban the sale of eating and selling nuts on planes, in fact I would say it is inevitable.

What next? The eejits will want to bring back National Service next.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)