+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list...

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Obviously there is a budget, but would Warne have made the public comment that the squad will have to be "ripped up" if he wasn't able to make significant changes? Those with contracts will stay unless offers made for them which enables an upgrade, those whose contracts have ended will only be signed where they can meet the championship level. I'm thinking we could see 7 or 8 incoming.
    Of which at least five need to be of the ‘first choice’ rather than ‘back up’ variety and include a genuine leader/experienced captain who isn’t chosen by the players this season.

Ludicrously early and hypothetical I know, but an opening day line up of Wildsmith, Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin, Sibley/Fozzy, A. N. Other, Adams, A.N. Other, NML, A.N. Other, A.N. Other isn’t unrealistic and shows where strengthening is most needed imo.
    A bench including Vickers, Smith, Elder, Bradley, Ward, CBT, Fozzy/Sibley and Brown looks useful.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-05-2024 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not often I disagree with you Sith, but I really, really hope you’re wrong.
    I’ll be gutted if Wildsmith goes and haven’t heard that rumour. He was a brilliant signing two years ago, imo, and still has his best years ahead of him.
    Don’t expect us to be ‘shopping at Harrods’ but without a fairly major overhaul I fear it’ll be a long hard season.
    This side has done well this season but it’s been a poor division and the step up to even lower mid table in the Championship is considerable.
    Wildsmith, Cashin, NML, Smith, Sibley, Nyambe and Nelson are, I think, the only players with both proven Championship and fitness reliability records. I’d like Adams to join and there are others one can be optimistic about but we need serious strengthening.
    oh I don't mind you disagreeing with me, I'm usually wrong anyway ha

So your letting Kane Wilson go as well? A surprise decision, I thought he was one of our successes last year and looked as if he could step up a tier

I’ll be gutted if Wildsmith goes and haven’t heard that rumour. He was a brilliant signing two years ago, imo, and still has his best years ahead of him.
    That rumour has been all over X and FB for about 3 months now. I've regularly asked for links/sources but nobody making the claim has "come up with the goods". Always heard from someone ITK who can't be named or they would no longer be ITK...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So your letting Kane Wilson go as well? A surprise decision, I thought he was one of our successes last year and looked as if he could step up a tier
    Have to admit I’d forgotten him. He’d be in my ‘promising’, but completely unproven beyond L1/L2 level, category. Deserves a chance in a perfect world…might have to be sold in football’s more economically viable one.

Don’t expect us to be ‘shopping at Harrods’ but without a fairly major overhaul I fear it’ll be a long hard season.
    This side has done well this season but it’s been a poor division and the step up to even lower mid table in the Championship is considerable.
    Wildsmith, Cashin, NML, Smith, Sibley, Nyambe and Nelson are, I think, the only players with both proven Championship and fitness reliability records. I’d like Adams to join and there are others one can be optimistic about but we need serious strengthening.
    Not forgetting Bradley who helped Luton to promotion from the championship!! Though his fitness might be suspect!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    That rumour has been all over X and FB for about 3 months now. I've regularly asked for links/sources but nobody making the claim has "come up with the goods". Always heard from someone ITK who can't be named or they would no longer be ITK...
    A rumour without a source, I tried to work back though fb and the fan forums but never found it

Well there you go…Wildsmith gone and…I’m gutted!
    Don’t get it. Two years ago we let Ryan Allsop go, for me the best keeper, with the ball at his feet, we’ve ever had…but we had no choice, the club was in crisis and he was one of many that the vultures were circling to steal away. Then the master stroke of poaching Wildsmith from Wednesday…not as good a kicking game as Allsop, but excellent in every other way and a great role model.
    Now we have to add finding a replacement ‘keeper…as I say…just don’t ‘get it’ and, unless there are circumstances we know nothing about, a big mistake…as is letting Korey Smith go…imo.
    Many thanks to the pair of them.

thera.ms/retainedlist2324

So, hardly a squad ‘ripped up’

Gayle Waghorn and Loach only bit part players although thanks anyway

Hourihane past it

Smith ah well but I’d take Adams any day

Wildsmith likewise and I’m not sure he was a cert for number 1 anyway next season

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    thera.ms/retainedlist2324

Smith ah well but I’d take Adams any day
    I’d like Adams too, but they’re not entirely comparable and while Smith has about 250 Championship appearances, Adams has…11.
    Can’t help thinking he offered the experience and versatility we’ll need.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)