+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On this day 34 years ago and 56 years ago .

On this day 34 years ago and 56 years ago .

We moved into our 2nd house , great neighbours and has been a happy home .
    56 years I was at Wembley watching Albion beat Everton to win our 5th FA Cup .

You cant beat good neighbours, sadly our last two lots of neighbours have been arseholes

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    You cant beat good neighbours, sadly our last two lots of neighbours have been arseholes
    I’ve moved house on the previous two occasions due to various and multiple f u c k wit neighbours.

Violent mother, father and son at the house before last with multiple face to face threatening behaviour and then at our last house due to drug taking, party animal bloke and his mates in their late 30’s, partying until 4.00am in a morning.

The other neighbours were complete w anchors, no respect at all, dug up their back garden and dumped tons of earth on our shared driveway a couple of hours before a violent storm that caused a torrent of muddy sh it to swamp our property and not a word of apology.

So I moved out to the countryside and have just one neighbour now, and she’s turned out to be a c hunt as well.

If it was up to me I would live a solitary existence without a single near neighbour.

What issues are you suffering Phil?

Noise from TVs Mick - The last neighbours were elderly who had their TV placed against the dividing living room wall and those who live in semis are all well aware that we shouldn't put TVs against the dividing wall, thing is we've never done it as we are considerate and all that. Their TV would simply blast sound through the walls and into the bedrooms sometimes as late as 3am as they didnt have to get up to work

I spoke to them about how we can solve this problem but they just ignored the offer as I quickly realised that they got off on confrontation so I got 2 high power super woofers at either end of the room so it was like tit for tat for 3 years. In the end they died and it was like peace on earth

The new neighbours are no where near as bad but they have put their tv ON the dividing wall so the deep bass comes through - i knew we should have bought a detached property, maybe we still will.

Noise from TVs Mick - The last neighbours were elderly who had their TV placed against the dividing living room wall and those who live in semis are all well aware that we shouldn't put TVs against the dividing wall, thing is we've never done it as we are considerate and all that. Their TV would simply blast sound through the walls and into the bedrooms sometimes as late as 3am as they didnt have to get up to work

I spoke to them about how we can solve this problem but they just ignored the offer as I quickly realised that they got off on confrontation so I got 2 high power super woofers at either end of the room so it was like tit for tat for 3 years. In the end they died and it was like peace on earth

The new neighbours are no where near as bad but they have put their tv ON the dividing wall so the deep bass comes through - i knew we should have bought a detached property, maybe we still will.

It could be worse Phil - you could have Katie Price on the other side of the dividing wall 😂
    That would cause the houses to shake!

It’s funny you mention the TV issue Phil.

At my nan’s old house that I’ve just had renovated in Harrogate it’s a semi and the living rooms are back to back.

I’ve had the TV wall mounted in a bespoke media cabinet but I’ve had it on an extended bracket so I can pull away from the wall and tilt to suit seating position.

I’m conscious of causing noise issues for neighbours and don’t like sub woofers and sound systems and I’m careful with my volume.

The present neighbour is a good one but she’s about to move.

If the incoming lady is an idiot in this regard I’ll be knocking on her door to have a polite word.

If she turns out to be an ignorant sod I will remind here that I will be an infrequent visitor and might have to put up with her being inconsiderate, I will also inform her that I might just forget to turn off my TV and leave it on full volume 24/7 in the weeks I’m not in residence.

Nobody can stop me from forgetfulness Phil!

Just imagine how annoying that could become!?

These current neighbours arnt too bad in comparison to the previous but nevertheless because of the extremely loud sounds from the arse neighbours before ive now become too over sensitive to noise, so many sounds to some seem normal but to me it sounds like a booming Boeing 747.

These current neighbours arnt too bad in comparison to the previous but nevertheless because of the extremely loud sounds from the arse neighbours before ive now become too over sensitive to noise, so many sounds to some seem normal but to me it sounds like a booming Boeing 747.
    Exactly the same as me Phil, I’ve got more noise sensitive as I’ve aged and you’re right, a bad experience with one neighbour on noise tends to give you that feeling of dread when you suddenly hear another TV a bit too loud or a garden party nearby.

Although I live rurally I do live on a lane that gets a bit busy early in a morning and in early evening with work traffic cutting through.

Interesting to me though, the passing traffic doesn’t bother me now.

Same with a house I’ve been renting in Harrogate in recent years, opposite local neighbourhood shops and quite busy with cars but the noise doesn’t bother me.

I think it’s because it’s “expected” noise and not antisocial, it’s life going on, a natural hubbub.

It’s forced noise, though less noise that sets me off and I suspect it is for you as well?

I think you live Halesowen way?

My sister in law has just moved into a semi detached bungalow in Pedmore, Stourbridge three doors down from where my mum has lived for 57 years, I can highly recommend the street and the area if you want somewhere more peaceful?

I'm in Oldbury actually Mick but a move to somewhere where it's less triggering is on the cards but sadly for various reasons it can't be just yet..

I'm in Oldbury actually Mick but a move to somewhere where it's less triggering is on the cards but sadly for various reasons it can't be just yet..
    Ahh okay Phil.

Certainly some decent spots over our way if you’re ever interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)