+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Greed, nothing else.

Greed, nothing else.

Just been reading what Kieran Maguire, The Price of Football author, He states that," With Leicester and either Leeds/Southampton returning to the Premier League, that the Premiership will save £103M by not paying any parachute payments. They have voted between themselves to share it among the Premiership teams, This usually was given back to the Championship. How far can they get their snouts in the money trough?

Shame on them.

I look upon the Premier League as a foreign entity which is so far removed from the football that I am associated with, that I care little about the issues within. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the games, but the division has no relevance to Rotherham and I look at the Championship as our ultimate goal/ceiling.

Without selling our souls and inviting dodgy foreign investment, we will never achieve promotion to the PL, and for that I am grateful. The PL is less about football and more about business and protective policies to ensure the few always have their noses in the trough. They're welcome to it, whilst I enjoy real football, played for enjoyment with the chance of the odd shock and pitting ourselves against teams with far greater assets and fan-bases than we have.

Agree 100% - no interest in Prem, dont watch match of the day ever

Theyre almost all english in name only. Paid obscene money - Jimmy Greaves and Bobby Moore used to go home on the tube with the fans at west ham, can u imagine that today 🤨

Real fans follow their roots

UTM

All parachute payments should be banned.

If clubs go up and go pop, that's on them.

Totally agree…. greed at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    All parachute payments should be banned.

If clubs go up and go pop, that's on them.
    I read somewhere yesterday that the PL is saving a huge amount of money in future parachute payments next season because two of the three teams going up, are going straight back up.

Instead of distributing the saving amongst the cship or god forbid L1 and L2 as well they are going to give it to PL clubs.

It’s meant to be for the cship but the PL will get even more.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I read somewhere yesterday that the PL is saving a huge amount of money in future parachute payments next season because two of the three teams going up, are going straight back up.

Instead of distributing the saving amongst the cship or god forbid L1 and L2 as well they are going to give it to PL clubs.

It’s meant to be for the cship but the PL will get even more.
    It pays to read the OP

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It pays to read the OP
    Ah yes. The place I read it was in the OP yesterday at 8:16pm
    Apologies Avon.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Ah yes. The place I read it was in the OP yesterday at 8:16pm
    Apologies Avon.
    No probs Flour.......utm.

I enjoy watching top level matches, but roll on the European League. I think English football will survive without them.