+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Respect? I don’t think you know the meaning of the word. Hiding behind the ‘moderator’.

You seem to think (like yourself) that people just like or dislike someone, may be it was you that put forward or subscribe to the the notion, that little is put forward in a football sense as to why we shouldn’t welcome him back as the messiah?

I would have thought it was obvious?
    Since you can’t see past the obvious, or over look it, due the amazing two promotions and a scraping up season.
    Here it is.

The pick and mix, 87 players. JCH and bowery for two. Fair bit of money for us at the time.
    Being repeated at Gillingham, no success, ditto the Posh, just been posted on here.
    Same at Stevenage (buy your way out, can’t repeat, not enough money, jumps ship when he could have come in Nov)
    Terrible attitude to officials, made a a mark for them.
    Tactics. Not as gung ho as some would have.
    Made a mess at wembley and saved by a pen shoot out.
    Let Aggard go when should have kept…the old pick and mix.

Sure, talks the talk (bit like you do) but he walks a precarious walk. As in the two promotion seasons until jan comes and more changes.
    Iffy results and performances up to then.

Picks up the first free signing. JCH. Not played much last season, will he be fit, he will certainly have something to prove of the messiah who bought and dumped him. Took real teachers later to bring him on.

That’s the crux. Evans can’t teach, he needs ready mades which fit, and he isn’t good at doing that either, ends up with pick n mix.

This is why, and ten years on with football not the same anymore, we all know it won’t be easy sailing.

Why should an early signing “kill” me? Does it matter when he signs? Earlier the better, anyones knows that. What they turn out like and will they fit Evans’ grand plan? That’s the point.

But being you, you take a poke without thinking.
    Judging by your drivel you won’t be going next season then?

I don’t think any Manager,s record is going to be consistently brilliant. That’s not how football works
    Yes SE didn’t do so well at Gills but at the time they had a strange owner and the lads at Posh are a bit odd as well.
    But his record with us in two instant promotions and keeping us in the cship at the first attempt is very impressive in my view.

Yes he spent a lot in resources but so do a lot of other clubs and win nothing. Ian Evatt,s Bolton being a very topical example

Greg docherty from hull. Anyway fancy him

Respect? I don’t think you know the meaning of the word. Hiding behind the ‘moderator’.

You seem to think (like yourself) that people just like or dislike someone, may be it was you that put forward or subscribe to the the notion, that little is put forward in a football sense as to why we shouldn’t welcome him back as the messiah?

I would have thought it was obvious?
    Since you can’t see past the obvious, or over look it, due the amazing two promotions and a scraping up season.
    Here it is.

The pick and mix, 87 players. JCH and bowery for two. Fair bit of money for us at the time.
    Being repeated at Gillingham, no success, ditto the Posh, just been posted on here.
    Same at Stevenage (buy your way out, can’t repeat, not enough money, jumps ship when he could have come in Nov)
    Terrible attitude to officials, made a a mark for them.
    Tactics. Not as gung ho as some would have.
    Made a mess at wembley and saved by a pen shoot out.
    Let Aggard go when should have kept…the old pick and mix.

Sure, talks the talk (bit like you do) but he walks a precarious walk. As in the two promotion seasons until jan comes and more changes.
    Iffy results and performances up to then.

Picks up the first free signing. JCH. Not played much last season, will he be fit, he will certainly have something to prove of the messiah who bought and dumped him. Took real teachers later to bring him on.

That’s the crux. Evans can’t teach, he needs ready mades which fit, and he isn’t good at doing that either, ends up with pick n mix.

This is why, and ten years on with football not the same anymore, we all know it won’t be easy sailing.

Why should an early signing “kill” me? Does it matter when he signs? Earlier the better, anyones knows that. What they turn out like and will they fit Evans’ grand plan? That’s the point.

But being you, you take a poke without thinking.
    But after all that, did he deliver?..answer is a big YES..
    He couldn't do it again at stevenage simply because they hadn't got the funds..I bet Evans would do a better job at this level than pep..as much as guardiola is one of the best in the world, it would be a whole new ball game to him...like being hit with a shovel..what's not to like about a manager that got us success last time around ?

Don't want any players who'll be round 28 just after season starts going in blind. No Derby castoffs from a manager whose gutless.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Don't want any players who'll be round 28 just after season starts going in blind. No Derby castoffs from a manager whose gutless.
    28 is the new 30

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Gutless? Runners up, play off winners, etc….by not spending much money….now derby, runners up…..

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    28 is the new 30

Can't turn back time!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Thing is Mellow and I don’t know why, I have already respected MD’s dislike of Evo but he hasn’t acknowledged that … mmm ?

It seems to be a personal spat between him and myself but I’ll ignore that for now. I am only interested in Evo and RUFC doing well next season.

I have openly proclaimed that a mid table finish would suffice me but, Evo being what he is and Tony demanding, I have to say they are stretching their dreams too far and too early for my liking.
    Now, that’s more like it…..

What got me sunshine is the comment that an early signing of JCH would “ “….you know quite well. Unfounded and out of order.
    And as yet, no apology. Ok, the respect bit. But is that true just to openly put people down, just because we all don’t kiss his…

I happened to have liked the kid, JCH, when he was here and was treated appallingly. With a fair wind he will do well.
    Make no mistake, if he doesn’t fit the grand plan….soon discarded and given his record, that won’t be his fault.

It’s as much as a ‘spat’ as you seem to want it to be. Ball in your court.

The whole point of what many say on here is that we all want a decent side and football….without the dramas. Some managers bring it with them. Lets hope he really has mellowed.

UTM

Gutless? Runners up, play off winners, etc….by not spending much money….now derby, runners up…..

What teas he on now there! That's about as exciting as it gets.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast