+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EFL Finals

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Congratulations to Oxford United and ex Notts players Ruben Rodrigues and Craig Short on promotion to the Championship for the first time in 25 years.
    Many of us will remember that day 34 years ago when Shorty got the second to win the play-off final at the same level
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 18-05-2024 at 05:31 PM.

We need to emulate Oxford, with our recourses at hand

Anyone watching Crawley v Crewe?
    I find myself wanting Crawley - hated our games v Crewe this year

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    The quality has been terrible so far but that was an excellent goal from Orsi, crawley play some brilliant stuff and everytime I see them play I wish we'd got Scott Lindsey in evenmore.

Crawley 1 up and good for it

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    The quality has been terrible so far but that was an excellent goal from Orsi, crawley play some brilliant stuff and everytime I see them play I wish we'd got Scott Lindsey in even more.
    They do, so hope that gets rewarded. Crewe are just your typical nasty L2 side.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    When we lost the strange game at Crewe's place I really didn't think they were a good team and was waiting for them to fall down the table. That never happened but they are very limited (and yes, nasty). I still don't know how they've managed to inhabit the top 7 all season.

Crawley are a blueprint for what we need to do. I dont think they have anything we need to be envious of in attacking positions, but stick a 6 foot 6 commanding keeper, a couple of defensive upgrades and a little bit more pace and physicality in other positions and we'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    When we lost the strange game at Crewe's place I really didn't think they were a good team and was waiting for them to fall down the table. That never happened but they are very limited (and yes, nasty). I still don't know how they've managed to inhabit the top 7 all season.
    And then came back from a 0-2 loss to Doncaster and scraped thru on penalties! I guess you have to credit them with resiliency at least, but still seem undeserving of promotion. They're a yo-yo club who would just come crashing back down anyway.

Makes you wonder what could have been.... Neither of these sides are much cop!. There again any neutral watching our match last year would have said the same.

Commentator just now.....

"They (Crawley) had a two year plan to get promoted and it looks as though they are about to achieve that."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast