+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jodi Jones Interview

Jodi Jones Interview

K-Ci Rennicks interview with Jodi...

https://thedeck.news/exclusive-i-feel-like-this-is-where-i-am-performing-at-my-best-notts-countys-jodi-jones-reveals-all/

P.S. Does anyone know how to pronounce 'K-Ci'? I always read it in my head as 'Kay See Eye' but have no clue if it's right.

A telling section on LW's departure.

It's pronounced 'Kay see' as far as i'm aware. The interview was top quality, and i'd say it's clear Jodi loves Notts. I could be way off the mark but it would shock me if he wasn't a Notts player next season after that interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    It's pronounced 'Kay see' as far as i'm aware. The interview was top quality, and i'd say it's clear Jodi loves Notts. I could be way off the mark but it would shock me if he wasn't a Notts player next season after that interview.
    Agreed. Fingers crossed!

Providing SM treats him right I expect him to do at least till Xmas and then see how we are performing. He can clearly perform at a higher level and I don't think he'll be playing League Two in 2025/2026. Hopefully neither will Notts.

Yeah great interview and really pleased he's happy here, we're lucky to have him. Let's hope next season is one to remember for us all. Might explain the run abit more as well.

I mean when LW left, sounds like the place was in mourning.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I mean when LW left, sounds like the place was in mourning.
    I posted on here at the time that the players would have to go through the grieving process having lost their leader but a couple on here did not seem to appreciate that or take that as a valid reason for being partly responsible for our form dropping off a cliff. It was clear to see that the players loved LW and many fans did as well. They are professional but human like everyone.

When such a popular leader leaves a club it’s going to go through a period of instability as things settle down and adjust. I envisage something similar could happen at Liverpool when Klopp goes.

This is one of the reasons why I think SM was given the season and has been given time to have his own squad, and it also gives the club time to address the failures and shortcomings from last season that hampered LW towards the end and SM throughout. Whilst this summers recruitment will be key keeping the likes of Jodi Jones, Macca and a returning Matty Palmer will be massive.

As JJ says himself in the interview he's under contract so unless the club want to sell him he'll be here
    We really need to make him a decent offer to extend his current deal

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I posted on here at the time that the players would have to go through the grieving process having lost their leader but a couple on here did not seem to appreciate that or take that as a valid reason for being partly responsible for our form dropping off a cliff. It was clear to see that the players loved LW and many fans did as well. They are professional but human like everyone.

When such a popular leader leaves a club it’s going to go through a period of instability as things settle down and adjust. I envisage something similar could happen at Liverpool when Klopp goes.

This is one of the reasons why I think SM was given the season and has been given time to have his own squad, and it also gives the club time to address the failures and shortcomings from last season that hampered LW towards the end and SM throughout. Whilst this summers recruitment will be key keeping the likes of Jodi Jones, Macca and a returning Matty Palmer will be massive.
    I agree and possibly this is the reason, or a reason, why our form was dipping prior to LW leaving as he was linked to Oxford,
    That must have unsettled the squad some what.

JJ has been immense since arriving and I hope he's here for the foreseeable but also don't want to see him see out the contract and leave for free.