+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List Out

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    I wouldn’t put all the blame on Evatt BW I watched the game and you just didn’t turn up not one of um.
    You’re absolutely right POGGY, none of them did turn up but it was obvious to even an idiot that this Oxford side was not the one we turned over 5-0 a couple of months ago and the Posh semi final should have confirmed that yet Evatt had made no attempt to take that into account confident 5hat all we had to do was turn up and play our normal game. A 6 month managerial rookie completely outthought Evatt and Oxford fully deserved to win. This isn’t the first t8me though, we’ve thrown away so many points through Evatt’s ridiculous pass it about at the back and refusal to even consider changes. It was obvious to everyone in the ground yesterday after 5 to 10 minutes that what we had wasn’t working but Evatt never changed it. Half time came and still he never changed it then when he does taking off our leading goal scorer he puts on a 37 year old Jerome. No POGGY, this was all down to Evatt and for the majority now yesterday was a step too far and he has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    You’re absolutely right POGGY, none of them did turn up but it was obvious to even an idiot that this Oxford side was not the one we turned over 5-0 a couple of months ago and the Posh semi final should have confirmed that yet Evatt had made no attempt to take that into account confident 5hat all we had to do was turn up and play our normal game. A 6 month managerial rookie completely outthought Evatt and Oxford fully deserved to win. This isn’t the first t8me though, we’ve thrown away so many points through Evatt’s ridiculous pass it about at the back and refusal to even consider changes. It was obvious to everyone in the ground yesterday after 5 to 10 minutes that what we had wasn’t working but Evatt never changed it. Half time came and still he never changed it then when he does taking off our leading goal scorer he puts on a 37 year old Jerome. No POGGY, this was all down to Evatt and for the majority now yesterday was a step too far and he has to go.
    Correct.
    Its frustrating.
    But yer not on yer own - we have had to endure a season of it at Barnsley.

I think the key difference was in the mindset Whites , Oxford knew they had to change after what happened against you in February whilst Evatt thought the opposite .

Unfortunately in one off games this was classic play off final outcomes .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think the key difference was in the mindset Whites , Oxford knew they had to change after what happened against you in February whilst Evatt thought the opposite .

Nailed it !

Remember that Oxford beat Peterborough to get to the final and they played brilliantly in both those games.
    And I’d go as far as saying if Peterborough had met either Barnsley or Bolton in the semis then I think they would have beaten either of them.

100% animal, it was all about mindset and attitude. In all my many years of watching Wanderers that was a new low for me where the players just were never switched on, just seemed to think they could turn up and walk it. Oxford knew they had to bring their A game and they were on it from the start. Many of us were still annoyed at the ridiculous celebrations after our semi final confirmation at the ToughSheet where players danced in the directors box swigging beers. You just don’t do that and to make it worse we’d actually lost that match to you. Evatt oversaw all of that and lost all credibility and respect from me but to follow it up with a lamentable display like that at Wembley in front of 32k fans who’d paid a lot of money to be there is an absolute disgrace. Any player can have a bad day but this wasn’t just one or two it was the whole team. Not one of them looked up for it and worst of all our manager clearly hadn’t prepared them for what they could face and nor was he up to making changes to his precious system at half time. Anyway, enough of that at least I have my home game at Grove Street and even another short trip to the New York with the Millers so there’s always a silver lining? 🥴

100% animal, it was all about mindset and attitude. In all my many years of watching Wanderers that was a new low for me where the players just were never switched on, just seemed to think they could turn up and walk it. Oxford knew they had to bring their A game and they were on it from the start. Many of us were still annoyed at the ridiculous celebrations after our semi final confirmation at the ToughSheet where players danced in the directors box swigging beers. You just don’t do that and to make it worse we’d actually lost that match to you. Evatt oversaw all of that and lost all credibility and respect from me but to follow it up with a lamentable display like that at Wembley in front of 32k fans who’d paid a lot of money to be there is an absolute disgrace. Any player can have a bad day but this wasn’t just one or two it was the whole team. Not one of them looked up for it and worst of all our manager clearly hadn’t prepared them for what they could face and nor was he up to making changes to his precious system at half time. Anyway, enough of that at least I have my home game at Grove Street and even another short trip to the New York with the Millers so there’s always a silver lining? 🥴
    Every cloud!!

I think yer wrong there.
    I don’t think yer giving Oxford enough credit.
    Bolton didn’t lose the game - it was Oxford that won it.

Not many of the Oxford players would get in the Bolton team.
    What happened was that the Oxford manager disciplined, organised and motivated his team far better than what the Bolton manager did.

You could see there wasn’t that much ability in the Oxford team but it was great to watch them playing as a team.
    All their players clearly understood their role within the team.

Another good team to watch in a similar vein during these semi final playoffs has been Crawley.

The beauty of having a proper head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

The beauty of having a proper head coach.
    Or even having a Head Coach.

Can you imagine any club owners sacking the HC who had got them 75 out of 76 pts final total the game before the Play Offs and messing up on the intended replacement because of a schoolboy error ?

.....Errr, wait a minute.....

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Or even having a Head Coach.

Can you imagine any club owners sacking the HC who had got them 75 out of 76 pts final total the game before the Play Offs and messing up on the intended replacement because of a schoolboy error ?

.....Errr, wait a minute.....
    As said SB - I would have sacked Collins in September / October of last year.
    Those that follow the club closely would probably have done the same.
    Comments from the crowd indicate that.
    The directors have been very patient with Collins.
    But better late than never.

As for Thalhammer - I’ve had experience of immigration - it’s an absolute minefield.
    So I’ve no complaints against the club on that score.
    I wasn’t surprised that you had tho.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast