+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season transfer rumours/potential signings

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    He may well be brilliant and if we did sign him I'd get behind and and see if he could cut it, but I can't even imagine the backlash on here and other social media if we go into next season with a 17 year old, whose only senior experience is in the nln as our first choice keeper...
    Patterson made the step up from NL, to L1-Championship in a few months. If he's good enough age shouldn't come into it. Lord knows it doesn't make Slocombe a reliable keeper.

He may well be brilliant and if we did sign him I'd get behind and and see if he could cut it, but I can't even imagine the backlash on here and other social media if we go into next season with a 17 year old, whose only senior experience is in the nln as our first choice keeper...
    The way i look at it is every signing is a risk. We could sign an experienced GK and it still may not work out. If you're good enough you're old enough as they say. Our last young GK from Sunderland was pretty good he didn't have much experience either. I just hope if he comes in people will give him a chance.

Joe Wildsmith has been released by Derby...so who knows? Could be something in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Don't think this fits the bill we are looking for. He's 5ft 8, we apparently are looking for taller more physical players so wouldn't imagine he's on our radar so to speak
    I can’t remember seeing him play but just because a player is small it does not mean they are not physically strong enough on the ball and also able to put a robust challenge in and hold their own.

Height in midfield doesn’t really matter the way we play either. I would agree that height in defence and physicality are definitely what we should be looking for in the defenders that come in. Plus they will need to play football as well, which at this level is asking a lot. I would imagine we would need to find players from higher up who have not quite made it at those levels?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I can’t remember seeing him play but just because a player is small it does not mean they are not physically strong enough on the ball and also able to put a robust challenge in and hold their own.

Height in midfield doesn’t really matter the way we play either. I would agree that height in defence and physicality are definitely what we should be looking for in the defenders that come in. Plus they will need to play football as well, which at this level is asking a lot. I would imagine we would need to find players from higher up who have not quite made it at those levels?
    It does matter, we need to win those midfield aerial battles just as much as putting a foot in.. Too many times last season we were out fought in midfield because of our lack of height...

The problem we had was out of possession... So yeah, it absolutely does matter to have height in there

We need to be building a squad with that cliched two good players for every position (with a few genuine utility players able to cover several positions). I could see Sbarra being signed as an understudy to Dan Crowley, but we all know we need more strength, height and pace next season. Failure to rectify that will see us struggle again like in the second half of the season.

According to Alan Nixon, we're interested in 17 year old Sunderland keeper Matty Young, whose just spend the second half of last season on loan at Darlington😬
    This GK is seen to be way ahead of where Pickford and Patterson were at the same stage of the career and Man City are very interested in signing him.

He has done his time in National League North as well which is exceptionally physical and been a stand out performer.

He would be a great signing if we could get him for a year.

We aren't signing either Joe Sbarra or Aaron Hayden, they've joined Doncaster and Carlisle respectively.

Jacob Bedeau, Farrend Rawson and Joel Senior all released by Morecambe, all of them would make ideal signings for notts.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast