+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Egm

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    I saw you speaking to him, looked like he couldn’t wait to get rid off you, before and after halftime.
    You must have been looking at someone else as I happened to speak to the person from the Sun before the start of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I happened to be speaking to a person in the Main Stand who asked me what was the capacity of Bob Shankly Stand.
    I told him that it was about 3,200. I remarked that this person had a West of Scotland accent and asked him if he was a West of Scotland based Dundee FC supporter.
    He told me that he was working at the game for the Sun newspaper.
    His name was Gerry Duffy.
    I told him that the £9 million debt was a told of s h I t as the debt was just over £4.1 million.
    He told me that the boys up there (in the press box) were saying the same thing.
    The capacity of the Shankly and the Cox are the same both only a little over 3000 not 3200. These being modern stands can and are filled to capacity when required. The Main stand and South are only filled to reduced levels due to a number of issues based on their age i.e. fire regs, toiletting issues etc. That is where the so called crowd figure 'discrepancies ' result from when folk think there are more in Dens than they think. It's funny that we debate at times that we reduce our crowd figures published and them across the road inflate them to a large extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    The capacity of the Shankly and the Cox are the same both only a little over 3000 not 3200. These being modern stands can and are filled to capacity when required. The Main stand and South are only filled to reduced levels due to a number of issues based on their age i.e. fire regs, toiletting issues etc. That is where the so called crowd figure 'discrepancies ' result from when folk think there are more in Dens than they think. It's funny that we debate at times that we reduce our crowd figures published and them across the road inflate them to a large extent.
    There was a lot more at st m game than Killie but crowd given was similar.

The way the results ended take 3 points off St Mirren and add 3 points to our total. Puts us in 5th. So close.
    Need to get an imaginative plan to boost ST sales. Do ST sales have an effect on the players budget ?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    The way the results ended take 3 points off St Mirren and add 3 points to our total. Puts us in 5th. So close.
    Need to get an imaginative plan to boost ST sales. Do ST sales have an effect on the players budget ?
    Why I was banging on aboot it since the Autumn.

Might not get a chance again for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    There was a lot more at st m game than Killie but crowd given was similar.
    There were a number of season ticket holders in the Main Stand not at the Kilmarnock game.
    The 12.30pm kick off might have deterred them.
    I do not see the point of the 12.30pm kickoff for the top six clubs on Saturday when the bottom six clubs had a 3pm kickoff for their final game the following day.
    In my opinion both the final top six and bottom six matches of the 2023/24 league season should have kicked off at the same time on the same day.
    The English Premier League does it with three games televised live on SKY Sports so there is nothing to prevent the SPFL doing likewise last Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why I was banging on aboot it since the Autumn.

Might not get a chance again for a while.
    Last night (Sunday) I heard that the club are going to sell a package of several games at a time to Dundee supporters who are unable to attend enough home league games to justify them purchasing a season ticket.
    In my opinion this could be a six league games package consisting of say 4 Category B games and 2 Category A games.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 20-05-2024 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Season ticket sales are bound to have an effect on the players budget.
    However this could easily be solved if John Nelms stated that all the money raised each year from the 1893 Foundation was given to the manager to increase his players budget.
    Aberdeen and Ayr United fans fundraising schemes state that the funds raised go to the manager’s playing budget.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Season ticket sales are bound to have an effect on the players budget.
    However this could easily be solved if John Nelms stated that all the money raised each year from the 1893 Foundation was given to the manager to increase his players budget.
    Easily solved? How so? How much do you think the Foundation takes in a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Dens Park Dynamo View Post
    Easily solved? How so? How much do you think the Foundation takes in a year?
    There might be considerable enthusiasm for such a scheme. With some marketing to ex pats and those who can't attend a £10 per month direct debit could be attractive. 1000 supporters raise £120k, and so on. Be interested in how many people support the Aberdeen or Ayr United scheme.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)