+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bolton blow it

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Following the latest IDF air strike on Rafah this morning 20 civilians were killed and, Jordan’s foreign minister, Ayman Safadi, has said the kingdom demanded an international investigation into what it said were many war crimes committed during Israel’s war in Gaza.

In remarks made during a press conference with the head of the UN Palestinian refugee agency (Unrwa), Safadi said those responsible for documented crimes should be brought to justice.

And not a rugby ball in sight.
    Interesting that you mention Jordan's Foreign Minister and the head of the UN Palestinian Refugee Agency, presumably they were discussing how many more Palestinian refugees Jordan would take as the war drags on. I wonder how many they have admitted since the terrorist scum attacked Israel on October 7th ? I read somewhere the answer is none, zero, not a one, not a single refugee has been accepted into Jordan from Gaza. Presumably they're happy to see innocent women and children perish under the Israeli bombardment, and I thought it was the Israelis who were a set of ****s.

You and many others think we have a problem with refugees, try this one for size, refugee camps are set up by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip to accommodate Palestinian refugees registered with UNRWA, who fled or were expelled during the 1948 Palestinian expulsion and flight after the 1948 Arab–Israeli War or in the aftermath of the Six-Day War in 1967, and their patrilineal descendants.[1] There are 68 Palestinian refugee camps, 58 official and 10 unofficial,[2] ten of which were established after the Six-Day War while the others were established in 1948 to 1950s.

Whilst only a third of registered Palestinian refugees live within the boundaries of the refugee camps,[3] Palestinian refugees "show extraordinary social and economic integration outside the camps and informal gatherings".[4] Many Palestinian refugees live in adjacent or nearby "gatherings", defined as "the geographic area, outside the official camps, which is home to a minimum 15 Palestinian households."[5]

The total number of registered Palestine refugees has grown from 750,000 in 1950 to around 5 million in 2013.

I saw the sheer scale of it when I visited Amman in 1998, the massive size of the main refugee camp is mind blowing. How many pints do you think will fit in an egg cup?

If the Israelis would stop kicking Palestinians out of Palestine the problem would be nil.

o

You and many others think we have a problem with refugees, try this one for size, refugee camps are set up by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip to accommodate Palestinian refugees registered with UNRWA, who fled or were expelled during the 1948 Palestinian expulsion and flight after the 1948 Arab–Israeli War or in the aftermath of the Six-Day War in 1967, and their patrilineal descendants.[1] There are 68 Palestinian refugee camps, 58 official and 10 unofficial,[2] ten of which were established after the Six-Day War while the others were established in 1948 to 1950s.

Whilst only a third of registered Palestinian refugees live within the boundaries of the refugee camps,[3] Palestinian refugees "show extraordinary social and economic integration outside the camps and informal gatherings".[4] Many Palestinian refugees live in adjacent or nearby "gatherings", defined as "the geographic area, outside the official camps, which is home to a minimum 15 Palestinian households."[5]

The total number of registered Palestine refugees has grown from 750,000 in 1950 to around 5 million in 2013.

I saw the sheer scale of it when I visited Amman in 1998, the massive size of the main refugee camp is mind blowing. How many pints do you think will fit in an egg cup?

If the Israelis would stop kicking Palestinians out of Palestine the problem would be nil.

o
    11 million people live in the 35,000 square miles of Jordan, 3.18 square miles per person

68 million people live in the 94,000 square miles of the UK, 1.38 square miles per person.

I am sure Jordan could squeeze some refugees in from Gaza, if they had a mind to. Why does Jordan leave them to the tender mercies of the IDF ? Does the milk of human kindness not run in Jordan ?

Shall we discuss the number of refugees Egypt is admitting next ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    11 million people live in the 35,000 square miles of Jordan, 3.18 square miles per person

68 million people live in the 94,000 square miles of the UK, 1.38 square miles per person.

I am sure Jordan could squeeze some refugees in from Gaza, if they had a mind to. Why does Jordan leave them to the tender mercies of the IDF ? Does the milk of human kindness not run in Jordan ?

Shall we discuss the number of refugees Egypt is admitting next ?
    You obviously have not been to Jordan mon ami.

Leave Amman and it's back to biblical times, goat herders in a desert land.

It would help if the Jews would stop enjoying a nakba every ten years and leave the Palestinians in their own lands.

To help enlighten you, "The Nakba (Arabic: النَّكْبَة an-Nakba, lit. 'the catastrophe') was the ethnic cleansing[1] of Palestinians in Mandatory Palestine during the 1948 Palestine war through their violent displacement and dispossession of land, property, and belongings, along with the destruction of their society, and the suppression of their culture, identity, political rights, and national aspirations.[2] The term is also used to describe the ongoing persecution and displacement of Palestinians by Israel.[3] As a whole, it covers the fracturing of Palestinian society and the long-running rejection of the right of return for Palestinian refugees and their descendants."

Name:  Palestine.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  106.0 KB

Why are we discussing Rugby League on a football thread?
    Yeah exactly Beds kid lol.
    Im a Hull Fc rugby league fan, and I'm sick of it, so enough is enough!!. 😬

Are these the world's best football fans..?

Name:  Proper fans.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  107.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Wander did say on another thread that he thought Bolton weren't ready for the Championship yet, maybe this game proved him right.
    That's weird innit Sinko, because I said as a Burnsley fan, that I fancied our chances against Oxford (if we had met them), rather than against Bolton or Peterbrough. 😬

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    That's weird innit Sinko, because I said as a Burnsley fan, that I fancied our chances against Oxford (if we had met them), rather than against Bolton or Peterbrough. 😬
    Play-offs Acido innit, one-off games, you just can't predict them, except your lads are starting to make a habit of losing them. What's your chances of top two next season ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)