+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: League 1 here we come.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Ancelotti & Lampard could not stabilise Everton Football Club. Sean Dyche has and brushed off the points deduction like my dad used to swat flies.

Dyche is the EPL Manager of the Season without any doubt.

Odd that I don't hear about Everton playing a "Long Ball Game" either.
    You are deluded even the Everton fans don’t want him - like I said BT if you’d read the post instead of being confrontational they have a better squad than we ever had built up over several seasons at the top level.

I also posted they were signing players for 25/40 million pounds 10 plus years ago.

I don’t slate Dyche and I always say we owe him a debt of gratitude as we would t even be competing at all if it wasn’t for him.

The problem is he’s not here any more and it seems to me that a lot of our fans were much happier watching dross and hoping to get a 00/1-0 every now and again.

Can’t say I was over impressed this season either tbh but the doom and gloom on here is un believable.

People you included just expected us to roll up and take the premiership in our stride - this league simply isn’t like that and the gulf between EFL and premiership is widening at a rapid pace ( even though some would say not on here ) it’s obvious to me anyway that the 100 million figure doesn’t scratch the surface - the players that others on here were talking about signing are comfortably 30/40 million pounds each unless you can stumble on a rare bargain / gem and then they get sold to a Liverpool or Chelsea for 80/90 million pounds.

We are where we are and should just get behind the team no one does anything wrong on purpose and without mistakes people don’t learn without making them.

I’m sure VK will address issues though I do think we made similar mistakes in the championship to this year - the difference being at this level a chance is taken and your punished - the difference is that if your not capable of scoring goals to right the mistakes you give the opposition you lose a lot and get relegated.

As for all those on here who think it’s easier to stay in this league this year I just can’t see it myself - Everton points deducted- yes but as I said they have a experienced much stronger squad than us - Luton tried a Sean Dyche Burnley tact but got found out and couldn’t buy a win - even though you all bigged them up initially.

When I look at teams that came this year they all had a spine of players strength and quality Saturday for example Gibbs White - head and shoulders above our players but he’s a 60 million pound player and 150k a week - unless we get a sugar daddy that ain’t happening at Burnley - so I’ll carry on and do as I always do accept it ( I post and might not always agree - with choices and players etc ) but as I said before we are just a tiny town in Lancashire kicking a ball around with some very much larger clubs than ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    They have and had an incredible squad hence why they broke FFP so the players are better and should be competitive in the premier league
    Hardly incredible army, their top scorer Calvert-Lewin has scored 8 PL goals, just 3 more than both Amdouni and Foster, they brought in Harrison on loan from Leeds, a 38 year old in Ashley Young on a free, and a 21 year old in Branthwaite to replace Jerry Mina. having also lost Moise Kean, Iwobi, Demarai Gray and Anthony Gordon since Dyche arrived. They're on their uppers and Dyche is operating on a wing and a prayer.

Just for the record army88, not for one minute did I ever say or think we would find the EPL a walk in the park. I'm on record on here as saying 17th would have done for me.

The gulf between the Championship and the EPL is enormous, but would Muric, Roberts, THB, Beyer, Maatsen, Brownhill, Cullen, JBG, Anass, Benny and Tella have kept us up?

I think they would have given the chance they deserved.

Just for the record army88, not for one minute did I ever say or think we would find the EPL a walk in the park. I'm on record on here as saying 17th would have done for me.

The gulf between the Championship and the EPL is enormous, but would Muric, Roberts, THB, Beyer, Maatsen, Brownhill, Cullen, JBG, Anass, Benny and Tella have kept us up?

I think they would have given the chance they deserved.
    Problem is, BT, that out of those players you have listed, one did not want to come here, City would not sell another one, Southampton didn't want to deal with us one another, one has been out injured most of the season, one has been deemed by our own fans as nowhere near good enough, in spite of the fact that he has played 152 games in 4.5 seasons for us including 111 in the PL, another one is evidently a very bad time keeper. That is over half a team before you start.
    Conor Roberts is another player who seemingly does no want to be here and was loaned to Leeds where he started just 3 matches, two of which they lost. He came on as sub in 10 matches and played a total of 168 minutes in those.

Bottom line os that the manager picks the team that he thiks should be able to do the job after doing whatever they do in training. With the results this season it is my opinion that the recuitment was poor, however, we do not know whether there are influences within the club who had a big influence on that and could well have in the future if it remains status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Problem is, BT, that out of those players you have listed, one did not want to come here, City would not sell another one, Southampton didn't want to deal with us one another, one has been out injured most of the season, one has been deemed by our own fans as nowhere near good enough, in spite of the fact that he has played 152 games in 4.5 seasons for us including 111 in the PL, another one is evidently a very bad time keeper. That is over half a team before you start.
    Conor Roberts is another player who seemingly does no want to be here and was loaned to Leeds where he started just 3 matches, two of which they lost. He came on as sub in 10 matches and played a total of 168 minutes in those.

Bottom line os that the manager picks the team that he thiks should be able to do the job after doing whatever they do in training. With the results this season it is my opinion that the recuitment was poor, however, we do not know whether there are influences within the club who had a big influence on that and could well have in the future if it remains status quo.
    All I know mein freund is I saw the Clarets in action in 41 games in the Championship winning season and they were a joy to watch. I'd have moved heaven and earth to keep them together but what do I know what goes on behind the scenes?

For the record I think Berge, Koleosho, O'Shea, Esteve, Amdouni and Odobert have been marvellous additions. If Kompany can keep them together we will walk the Championship and no messing.

All I know mein freund is I saw the Clarets in action in 41 games in the Championship winning season and they were a joy to watch. I'd have moved heaven and earth to keep them together but what do I know what goes on behind the scenes?

For the record I think Berge, Koleosho, O'Shea, Esteve, Amdouni and Odobert have been marvellous additions. If Kompany can keep them together we will walk the Championship and no messing.
    You forgot Assignon,Benson and Bruun Larsen BT.Twine had a good loan season apparently-maybe ready now for a starting role.Berge will be gone unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Twine had a good loan season apparently-maybe ready now for a starting role.
    Not sure about that CiB, Hull didn't seem too fussed when he went to Bristol City in January. 6 goals in 29 starts for those two clubs, and this a player who was scoring virtually every other game for MK Dons, 20 goals in 44 starts. He still doesn't seem even close to the player we thought we were signing two years ago.

Apart from the poor results one of the big disappointments for me is the lack of improvement of so many players. Some have even gone backwards. Why would Amdouni and Benson want to stay at BFC ? The only player we have who can regularly beat a man is Odobert who is expected to spend so much time at the wrong end of field. Players have only so much energy and dribbling is tiring. Muric gives a goal away through trying to stop a ball with the sole of his boot, a few games later he is doing exactly the same thing. In general shooting has been poor passing wayward. It's not that we need rocket science to correct these things just proper repetition.
    I was at Leeds utd once watching the coach Sid Owen run a practice session with a GK and a FB at each end of a large rectangle. The FB had to drive the ball across the diagonal over SO who stood in the middle to a GK who took the ball out of the air then fed his FB who did the same across the other diagonal. The players were unknowns. Bremner, Charlton etc were on another field. The speed was not casual with SO constantly shouting to the FBs left foot, right foot. I watched for about 20 mins and not once was there a miskick. I realize that this is not likely the practice one would see today but the point is the desired technique had been achieved. The two FBS could drive a ball with either
    foot 60 yds with good accuracy. The great Hungarian team of the late 50's practiced in the same vein, repetition to near perfection. I could be wrong but I can't imagine that happening at BFC.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not sure about that CiB, Hull didn't seem too fussed when he went to Bristol City in January. 6 goals in 29 starts for those two clubs, and this a player who was scoring virtually every other game for MK Dons, 20 goals in 44 starts. He still doesn't seem even close to the player we thought we were signing two years ago.
    I think he has been injured whilst on loan Sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post
    Anybody any suggestions of manager who has a successfull track record of getting a team successfully promoted from the Championship 🤷*♂️
    I think VK got seriously lucky with Beyer, THB, Maatsen & Tella combined with Anass & Benny firing on all cylinders.

I hope he gets so lucky in the 2024/25 season.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)