+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season transfer rumours/potential signings

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I would imagine our player budget will be considerably lower than last seasons, due to the outlay for the pitch and the construction of the Nest...Just a thought....
    I don't think it will be, based on what was said during the fans' forum. You seriously think they'd cut the playing budget at this point, with the goal being season-on-season improvement?

I'd imagine the playing budget and and money for infrastructure improvements are completely separate.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I don't think it will be, based on what was said during the fans' forum. You seriously think they'd cut the playing budget at this point, with the goal being season-on-season improvement?

I'd imagine the playing budget and and money for infrastructure improvements are completely separate.
    Yeah, I don't think people understand what the owners mean by sustainable. They want to get Notts to a point where we can run the club day to day on its own income. That doesn't mean they aren't going to not put money into the club, it's just they can choose where it goes rather than it going into running costs. The pitch and Nest won't be covered under running costs, it'll be investment which will help drive revenue to cover the day to day costs down the line

Just a thought....
    Yep, only just.

I would imagine our player budget will be considerably lower than last seasons, due to the outlay for the pitch and the construction of the Nest...Just a thought....
    I’ve no idea what our budget will be, but I’d be disappointed if it’s not a fair bit higher than the 10th biggest, given who’s gone up and who’s come down.

Everyone connected with the club knows that anything outside the top 6(preferably top 3 obviously) will be regarded as failure.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’ve no idea what our budget will be, but I’d be disappointed if it’s not a fair bit higher than the 10th biggest, given who’s gone up and who’s come down.

Everyone connected with the club knows that anything outside the top 6(preferably top 3 obviously) will be regarded as failure.
    I'd bite your hand off for seventh. I just want to see us make a serious challenge for the promotion spots, and I hope we have a budget big enough to make that a realistic expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Lot's of clubs seem to be busy in the transfer market except Notts. I hope we have a few lined up or we'll get left behind like we were in January.
    Lots..!? A few maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

I'd bite your hand off for seventh. I just want to see us make a serious challenge for the promotion spots, and I hope we have a budget big enough to make that a realistic expectation.

Would finishing 8th be a failure? I don't think so. It's an improvement on last season, and if we keep improving we'll go up eventually. We all need to be patient. We're "doing a Wrexham" and smashing our way up the leagues by brute force. It's about incremental improvements on and off the field that are more likely than not to result in improvements in our league standing over time.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Lot's of clubs seem to be busy in the transfer market except Notts. I hope we have a few lined up or we'll get left behind like we were in January.
    Not worried by the handful of active clubs.

Notts may well have made signings and won’t announce until players/media back from holiday. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of left field foreign imports.
    Some go though panic every year. The best players aren’t always immediately available or accessible.

Sorry I did mean top 7.

Would finishing 8th be a failure? I don't think so. It's an improvement on last season, and if we keep improving we'll go up eventually. We all need to be patient. We're "doing a Wrexham" and smashing our way up the leagues by brute force. It's about incremental improvements on and off the field that are more likely than not to result in improvements in our league standing over time.
    I wouldn’t think a single person currently employed at the club thinks 14th was an acceptable position, so just beating it wouldn’t be necessarily acceptable either. Also improvement on the previous season may not be a good yardstick if the likes of Stockport, Wrexham and Mansfield were there last season and no one equivalent (except perhaps Chesterfield) will be there next.

If anyone is happy with 8th that’s great for them, I think they’ll be in a minority though. Personally I don’t think we’ll get anywhere near 8th cos of the coach but that’s a different issue…

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast