+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours 2024/25

Not sure how true this is but just heard that mcmann is signing for the Dee’s.

Knew that could happen if true, was a no brainer for someone to try and sign him, big own goal by us really as we still need two of his level or above

Football Scoland suggesting Neil Lennon/Rapid Bucharest targetting Ross Graham.

I had heard that McMann was considering moving to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Knew that could happen if true, was a no brainer for someone to try and sign him, big own goal by us really as we still need two of his level or above
    Cannie really say that because we do not know for definite what he asked for or what we offered.I would imagine the groundsman moved to Dens for more money and McMann has followed suit.Its back to the Marr era just now with the Dees being the city's big spenders albeit not on Peter and Jimmy's level.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Cannie really say that because we do not know for definite what he asked for or what we offered.I would imagine the groundsman moved to Dens for more money and McMann has followed suit.Its back to the Marr era just now with the Dees being the city's big spenders albeit not on Peter and Jimmy's level.
    Not necessarily .

Its been pretty widely accepted that we have been very good payers for many years now dating back to when Levein took the managers job right through to present times with guys like Watt , Sibbald , Birighetti & Moult to name a few who are all on big salaries so I don't think The Fun are going to outbid us when it comes to players.

The owner and manger will know that major investment is required in the playing staff if we are to be anything other than involved in a relegation battle this season .
    Goodwin has already stated he's aiming for top 6 which encourages me as that would indicate he knows the level of players we require and these types aren't going to come cheap .

I know we aren't in a very good place financially as a club but likewise if a manager is saying hes aiming for top 6 knowing the likes of Aberdeen & Hibs are going to strengthen along with an already strong Old Firm & Hearts and two very decent and well established sides in Killie & St Mirren then it would suggest to me we are gong to be continuing to offer payers oretty good deals whuich is what is going to need to happen as part of this rebuild that is most definitely required .

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    Not necessarily .

Its been pretty widely accepted that we have been very good payers for many years now dating back to when Levein took the managers job right through to present times with guys like Watt , Sibbald , Birighetti & Moult to name a few who are all on big salaries so I don't think The Fun are going to outbid us when it comes to players.

The owner and manger will know that major investment is required in the playing staff if we are to be anything other than involved in a relegation battle this season .
    Goodwin has already stated he's aiming for top 6 which encourages me as that would indicate he knows the level of players we require and these types aren't going to come cheap .

I know we aren't in a very good place financially as a club but likewise if a manager is saying hes aiming for top 6 knowing the likes of Aberdeen & Hibs are going to strengthen along with an already strong Old Firm & Hearts and two very decent and well established sides in Killie & St Mirren then it would suggest to me we are gong to be continuing to offer payers oretty good deals whuich is what is going to need to happen as part of this rebuild that is most definitely required .
    Goodwin wont be able to get us into the top 6 i'm pretty confident of that. I've watched him get out thought tactically by at least 2 managers with much inferior squads.

Yeah well thats a different discussion isn't it but I get what you're saying and I tend to agree with you .

As it stands hes certainly talking it up though so I guess all we can do is wait and see .

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I had heard that McMann was considering moving to Australia.
    Ain't going to Dundee that is a cert

Would be a huge drop from Owen beck if he did end up there as first choice. Holt can cover left back so we only need one first choice left back.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)