+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 👋Ruben leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't remember anyone on here saying back then that he should be an automatic starter.
    I was

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    He was totally unfit when he arrived - he hadn’t played for 18 months if I remember rightly and we were told to be patient - post of someone with an agenda there.
    It's remarkable how Ruben got immediately better under Burchnall, perhaps Neal Ardley was just unlucky as he was with our relegation out of the football league and his career trajectory since. Nice bloke but the football on offer under him was pitiful given the squad at his disposal throughout his tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    It's remarkable how Ruben got immediately better under Burchnall, perhaps Neal Ardley was just unlucky as he was with our relegation out of the football league and his career trajectory since. Nice bloke but the football on offer under him was pitiful given the squad at his disposal throughout his tenure.
    Could it be that he was overweight and unfit why he wasnt given a regular start....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Could it be that he was overweight and unfit why he wasnt given a regular start....
    I'm not sure NA was ever overweight, couldn't comment on his fitness.

Yes sublime. Oh how Macca has missed those type of through balls. …
    Ruben keeps on improving

Quote Originally Posted by Piebald View Post
    Yes sublime. Oh how Macca has missed those type of through balls. …
    Ruben keeps on improving
    Agree with that. Dan Crowley has been great, but a lot of his best work has come from the flanks. We’ve missed RR’s ability to break the lines and play that defence-splitting pass through to Macca. I was hoping Didzy might offer more of that, but I can’t remember it happening too often.

Hang on !! Has Ruben gone ..? When did that happen..?...

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Agree with that. Dan Crowley has been great, but a lot of his best work has come from the flanks. We’ve missed RR’s ability to break the lines and play that defence-splitting pass through to Macca. I was hoping Didzy might offer more of that, but I can’t remember it happening too often.
    If we get someone who can pick that splitting pass out I reckon Jatta will be in for a good season. He is always looking to make that run behind the centre backs but we are limited to who tries to pick that pass out. We tend to stick to getting the ball behind the full backs for our wingers, which has also worked a treat but sometimes it becomes stale when that option isn't on.

Didzy isnt the player for this because it works better from a deeper laying play maker. We want Didzy up top.

Just seen a video, sent by my son, taken from a door bell camera of a certain Oxford United player caught stealing a child’s scooter at 5-00 am in the morning after they’d won promotion to the Championship.

It looked suspiciously like Ruben was maybe trying to do a tribute to Luke Williams who was seen on camera riding a scooter after Notts’ promotion back to the EFL. Differences are that Luke’s scooter was electric and either belonged to him or he’d properly rented it. I seem to recall after those celebrations Luke spent a few days in hospital suffering pneumonia. I suppose that’s slightly better than spending a few days in a police cell as RR may now be facing 🤣

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617