+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season Awards

Season Awards

Now the season is over. . . Lets be having your calls:

Mine

Player of the season: Gordon
    Most improved player: Miley - come in as 17 year old talent. Ends the season looking comfy in our midfield.
    Signing of the season: Tino - honorable mention to Minteh but he loses out because he's been playing on loan.
    Favourite Game: Newcastle 4 - 1 PSG, just ahead of Sunderland 0 - 3 Newcastle
    Underrated Player: Kraft - strange choice, I know but he's come in again, from injury, played solidly in several back 4 positions.
    Favourite Goal: Dan Burn against PSG - sheer emotion in his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

Mine

Most improved player: Miley - come in as 17 year old talent. Ends the season looking comfy in our midfield.
    Signing of the season: Tino - honorable mention to Minteh but he loses out because he's been playing on loan.
    Underrated Player: Kraft - strange choice, I know but he's come in again, from injury, played solidly in several back 4 positions.
    Yes Jammy that face of Dan Burn told a hundred stories from his days at Brighton, moving to his boyhood club, taking over the armband at times and scoring the goal of his life.

Player of the season: Bruno
    Most improved player: Miley
    Signing of the season: Tino
    Favourite Game: Newcastle 4 - 1 PSG.
    Underrated Player: Burn. Heavily criticized at times this season - never deserved any of it.
    Favourite Goal: Schar vs PSG. Reminded me of Albert’s lob vs ManU. A touch of class just to rub some salt in the wound!

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

Mine

I agree with all those choices Jammy but would consider Schar as underated but at this stage he just isn't we all know what a great and important player he is now. There have been many great goals but for emotion, yes BDB, what a moment. I also think if Barnes had played more he could have been in the running for signing of the season. He had a great impact when he did play.

Player of the season: Isak - I just can't pick anyone above him with the goals he has scored
    Most improved player: Gordon.. absolutely tremendous from when we first signed him to now
    Signing of the season: Livramento 100%
    Favourite Game: Either the Sunderland 0-3 game or the away Aston Villa game due to the fact their fans were saying they were gonna beat us leading up to it..
    Underrated Player: Lascelles for me.. came in when needed and stepped up
    Favourite Goal: Harvey Barnes 90th minute winner against West Ham

Player of the season: Isak
    Most improved player: Gordon.
    Signing of the season: Tino.
    Favourite Game: Newcastle 5 Villa 1
    Underrated Player: Krath.
    Favourite Goal: Barnes v West ham.

Favourite Game: Newcastle 4-1 PSG
    Underrated Player: Murphy. No one considers him as a long term option, but he is up there among club top assistants
    Favourite Goal: Almiron vs PSG emotions wise. Also Bruno vs Villa? - from corner. Both assist and execution was pure class

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    Favourite Game: Newcastle 4-1 PSG
    Underrated Player: Murphy. No one considers him as a long term option, but he is up there among club top assistants
    Favourite Goal: Almiron vs PSG emotions wise. Also Bruno vs Villa? - from corner. Both assist and execution was pure class
    I like the Murphy shout. So underated in fact that I didn't even consider him.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)