+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our friend Mr Conway.

Usually you find that those that accuse others of being a WUM is a vailed way of saying - I don’t really understand what you are saying.
    They need to be brave enough to express that.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Who are these "quite a few" Conway lovers on here Nudge ? Please give just two or three example names from your list because I can't think of a single one.
    I gave an account of why I thought Conway was bad for the club.
    Another poster implied that it was just a story (ie I was wrong) - without giving an explanation why I was wrong.
    So it can only be assumed from that - that this person thinks Conway wasn’t that bad for the club.

So yes - I also thought everyone on here had realised by now what a negative impact Conway had on the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I gave an account of why I thought Conway was bad for the club.
    Another poster implied that it was just a story (ie I was wrong) - without giving an explanation why I was wrong.
    So it can only be assumed from that - that this person thinks Conway wasn’t that bad for the club.

So yes - I also thought everyone on here had realised by now what a negative impact Conway had on the club.
    I wouldn't back your own assumptions given your history .

What's more you've made accusations based on an assumption , your words .

The yarn you spun regarding the events surrounding Conway and the present shareholders was the basis of the Jackonary and even a small child could determine it wasn't pro Conway .

I went to the very first Conway Out meeting at the Garrison ya spanner .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I wouldn't back your own assumptions given your history .

What's more you've made accusations based on an assumption , your words .

The yarn you spun regarding the events surrounding Conway and the present shareholders was the basis of the Jackonary and even a small child could determine it wasn't pro Conway .

I went to the very first Conway Out meeting at the Garrison ya spanner .
    At least we now know you are a Conway supporter - or at the very least someone that doesn’t blame him for all the mess that’s been left.
    But still sitting on the fence re: Collins.

At least we now know you are a Conway supporter - or at the very least someone that doesn’t blame him for all the mess that’s been left.
    But still sitting on the fence re: Collins.
    You do make me laugh Nudge. Everybody knows that Animal is definitely not a Conway supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    You do make me laugh Nudge. Everybody knows that Animal is definitely not a Conway supporter.
    I thought Animal was a Brexit supporter.

Could not resist it Animal mi owd,

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Yes and I know it.
    But I also know that he’s quick with all his put downs and constant negative comments towards the club - without giving any explanation why.
    Any thick ****er can do that.

Yes and I know it.
    But I also know that he’s quick with all his put downs and constant negative comments towards the club - without giving any explanation why.
    Any thick ****er can do that.
    Personal abuse does not add any strength or credibility to your argument Nudge.

The opposite in fact.

We are not a bunch of 12 year olds in the playground admiring the one who swears the most when he/she talks.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Personal abuse does not add any strength or credibility to your argument Nudge.

The opposite in fact.

We are not a bunch of 12 year olds in the playground admiring the one who swears the most when he/she talks.
    When you put ANY infront of a sentence it applies to ANY one therefore it isn’t personal abuse.

But is ‘ya spanner’ classed as personal abuse - because I think it is.
    You obviously don’t.

Selective.

When you put ANY infront of a sentence it applies to ANY one therefore it isn’t personal abuse.

But is ‘ya spanner’ classed as personal abuse - because I think it is.
    You obviously don’t.

Selective.
    A "spanner" is slang for someone who is foolish or unwise so yes it is at the milder end of the personal abuse spectrum.

I would feel able to call someone a "spanner" in front of a group of children if done in a banter type manner. I would not, however, feel comfortable calling someone a "thick ****er" in front of a group of children no matter how it is said.

So yes, I am being selective.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-05-2024 at 08:56 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123