+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When does the Retained/F u ck Off list come out?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Meanwhile on the West Brom players forum:

When are some of the fans on the Baggies banter forum gonna F@&” off?
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well different people have different opinions. Of course everybody wishes Phillips all the best but it’s time for pastures new.

Losing 2 million a month the new owner can’t afford passengers and needs to be ruthless.

Many think the sun shines out of Jed’s back side but Fellows is the future, a better player with pace and on a third of his wage.

Some slate Grady but for me he’s got far more possibilities of playing in the premier league than Wallace or Swift who won’t get a better pay offer than at West Brom.

The future is more players like Fellows and to copy the Brentford model. We need to be ruthless with our wage bill and costs!

Teams not in the playoffs had until the 18th May to publish the retained list , Albion have until the 25th May .

I think we all thank Matt Phillips for his service, been one of Albion’s better players, time to go though, injuries have hampered him, as for Chalobah, one of the worst signings we have made, made no impact whatsoever

Matty Philips was the hardest trainer ,always Ist in but his body has let him down .
    Dike is the same ,unlike pros like Zohore who would have 6 months off with a bruised finger .

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Some are on great contracts. They won't go easy...😆😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Well different people have different opinions. Of course everybody wishes Phillips all the best but it’s time for pastures new.

Losing 2 million a month the new owner can’t afford passengers and needs to be ruthless.

Many think the sun shines out of Jed’s back side but Fellows is the future, a better player with pace and on a third of his wage.

Some slate Grady but for me he’s got far more possibilities of playing in the premier league than Wallace or Swift who won’t get a better pay offer than at West Brom.

The future is more players like Fellows and to copy the Brentford model. We need to be ruthless with our wage bill and costs!
    The Brentford model is definitely the way to go for clubs trying to be ambitious without the disgusting amounts of money “the few” have.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It should be enough to get the blood boiling for a few!
    So who in player terms are we actually talking about here ?
    Players who's contracts are up at the end of the season just gone I assume but who are they?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1962 View Post
    So who in player terms are we actually talking about here ?
    Players who's contracts are up at the end of the season just gone I assume but who are they?
    My point is that the retained list may well cause a few forum members to self combust if we keep Bartley and Reach and certain other players.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My point is that the retained list may well cause a few forum members to self combust if we keep Bartley and Reach and certain other players.
    As long as we extend Grants and Zohore’s contracts we should be good to go surely? 🤷*♂️

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)