+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manager Merry Go Round

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Couldn’t agree more.
    But in your rush for your hair shirts you miss the point that the individuals we are referring to can have their cake and eat it - a’free hit’ few million, THEN a more normal life profile

I’d actually take issue with the majority swapping a few mil mid-life for the small wins (in their working lives) that most achieve, but that’s a wide philosophical ruckus and not for here

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    But in your rush for your hair shirts you miss the point that the individuals we are referring to can have their cake and eat it - a’free hit’ few million, THEN a more normal life profile

I’d actually take issue with the majority swapping a few mil mid-life for the small wins (in their working lives) that most achieve, but that’s a wide philosophical ruckus and not for here
    ‘Hair shirts’! Don’t be so ridiculous. No one was suggesting that.

I was just sharing Swales’ sentiment that some of us are satisfied with what we have. I suspect neither he nor I live in anything approaching penury, but neither do we have a ‘holy grail’ of seeking ever greater wealth and luxury. Along perhaps with the notion that modern day footballers earn obscene amounts of money…that’s all that was being suggested.

The latest is that Plymouth are after Wayne Rooney for their next manager!! Do these people not look at what he has done so far? I mean taking over a well resourced side that's 6th and making them relegation fodder must rank as an epic fail!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The latest is that Plymouth are after Wayne Rooney for their next manager!! Do these people not look at what he has done so far? I mean taking over a well resourced side that's 6th and making them relegation fodder must rank as an epic fail!
    I'd say that I'd be amazed if he ever got a managerial job again, but some people just can't get passed the name.

Yep, it's madness. People still talk of him doing a good job at Derby but did he? He deserves credit for standing by us but we would have only got 55 pts the season we went down, hardly a great achievement.

Still bring it on, of he does go there that's one less relegation spot we need to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Yep, it's madness. People still talk of him doing a good job at Derby but did he? He deserves credit for standing by us but we would have only got 55 pts the season we went down, hardly a great achievement.

Still bring it on, of he does go there that's one less relegation spot we need to worry about
    Sacked by November, plenty of time for Rosenior to turn it around

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    I'd say that I'd be amazed if he ever got a managerial job again, but some people just can't get passed the name.
    Wasn’t it the late Len Shackleton who included a chapter in his autobiography entitled ‘The Average Director’s Knowledge of Football’ which was made up of a single blank page? Seems to still be true at Brum, Hull and now Plymouth.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Wasn’t it the late Len Shackleton who included a chapter in his autobiography entitled ‘The Average Director’s Knowledge of Football’ which was made up of a single blank page? Seems to still be true at Brum, Hull and now Plymouth.
    It seems one of the guys at Plymouth knows Rooney from his Everton days, enough said!

I read somewhere that Rosenior had turned down Plymouth, probably because its a long way to travel and not exactly the opportunity of a lifetime!

Rooney appointed by Plymouth, a long way to go, but if your desperate to be a manager I guess its any port in a storm. Almost quicker to commute for the States to Cheshire than from Plymouth!!

This has got to be his last chance surely? If he ****s this up, then there's no way back I'd have thought!

iiirrrmmmm, he chould alwiz due punditree, la'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)