+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    For the last 7 years under Warne and Taylor we have failed to get anyone through the door before July 1st and been told that it is a nightmare because everyone is away and players need to sound out all options,blah,blah,blah. Evans comes along and we have 4 through the door before the FA Cup Final has kicked off! IF he is one of the most hated men in football,why do so many players want to play for him?
    A very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Mrs evo

Or the landlady from last time he was here
    Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Has Tony Stewart attitude changed towards wages.
    No I think we have freed up Millions in wages where last season Taylor overpaid a waste of space and time money on has been last contract players.

Thing is now we've dropped, TS has less coming in from the EFL so he will be personally paying a lot more this time around, if that's not commitment, nothing is.

It all seems to have gone quiet on the 'Goalie' situation. Last week it was well mentioned that 'Millers fans would recognise the keeper once he signs'. One can only assume that he's currently on holiday after a long season and rightly so.

IF all goes well, hopefully this keeper will be keeping tabs on what's happening back at RUFC and will be pleased at the swift progression Evo has delivered so far with good signings, and signs on the dotted line soon after their break from the game and their hols.

And the incoming of older players….we wanted not to see, keeps on coming…..how many times has james played, now 30, in recent seasons?
    Couldn’t get in team 10 miles away.

We supposedly are building a squad to mount a promotion challenge. Young and fit? Maybe not. Perhaps they will come later?

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ....that's a fair point JB, unless they're all bad 'uns........
    Time will tell Avon once the season kicks off but they all seem very good League 1 players to me. Evans knows League 1 inside out so knows the level we have to get to. With possibly another 4 or 5 signings plus the loans that will invariably come in just before the season starts my only concern is that with so many new additions it may take a bit of time for us to start to build momentum.IF we are to be successful next season be prepared for a very average August to January.

According to some reports we are interested in Louie Sibley from Derby. Not a cat in hell's chance,must be pure publicity! Will I have to eat my words?

This mornings rumour. Joe Powell from Burton ,attacking midfielder , 25 y o . Offered new deal at Button but not signed it .

Yes seen the Powell one also interest has cooled on Byers and Macfadzesn according to Tiser

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    No I think we have freed up Millions in wages where last season Taylor overpaid a waste of space and time money on has been last contract players.

Thing is now we've dropped, TS has less coming in from the EFL so he will be personally paying a lot more this time around, if that's not commitment, nothing is.
    Or we now have a manager that's more decisive and acts quickly rather than dithering over a good human being test.

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast