+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Contracts & Released Confirmed

We have very few players under contract after June 2025.

Palmer

Wallace

Maja

Dike

That’s about it.

The start of season 26-27 is going to see a completely different squad to what we’ve had for years.

For good or for bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We have very few players under contract after June 2025.

Palmer

Wallace

Maja

Dike

That’s about it.

The start of season 26-27 is going to see a completely different squad to what we’ve had for years.

For good or for bad.

Perhaps someone will make us a good offer for Wallace!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Perhaps someone will make us a good offer for Wallace!
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi Al , i would sell his contract is up next year.
    I think we still owe part of the transfer fee for him and he is a high earner , would cover Johnston's fee .
    https://www.claretandhugh.info/west-...-youth-player/
    We probably still owe West Ham over £7m for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil81 View Post
    We probably still owe West Ham over £7m for him!
    Hi, his 4 year contract is up next , so with the down payment plus 4 more payments .
    I would guess at around £3m max, but could be wrong .

Wallace, Swift, Dianganna, Yokuslu and Grant the highest paid players all remain under contract we need to try and move at least a couple of them on permanently to free up more funds but that won't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Wallace, Swift, Dianganna, Yokuslu and Grant the highest paid players all remain under contract we need to try and move at least a couple of them on permanently to free up more funds but that won't be easy.

Swift and Wallace signed for us as they weren’t good enough or wanted by a premier club and no other championship club wanted to pay their salaries. It’s fair to say their stock has declined and not increased!

No real surprises there. Like Mick, I would have been tempted to keep Reach though as his more recent performances have been decent and his versatility made him a valuable squad player.

Aside from getting a better recruitment team, the main obstacle in the way of a decent re-build remains funding. As we all know, trying to off load some of our under-performing, but costly, under contract players is not going to be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Bartley deserved the new contract in my opinion and Prando will be taking the mrs out to celebrate!

All the released as expected! Can anyone please buy Karlan Grant - Kidderminster - Worcester or Solihull?
    Nice one baggieal buddy …
    To be fair, a lot depends upon what package has been offered. Bartley’s career has been ostensibly on loan packages apart from us ( and a short stint in Wales) I hope whatever is offered reflects this !
    PS I always thought he must have some inside information on a Director

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)