+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Retained List Out

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So then it really isn't that difficult then is it if she's been here a year and a layman such as yourself helped her .

That just contradicts everything you've said when you've defended the club with the work permit fiasco .
    That assistance came from me, my son, wife and an immigration laywer’s team..
    Took years.
    Stop digging.
    I could call you a spanner - but I won’t 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    That assistance came from me, my son, wife and an immigration laywer’s team..
    Took years.
    Stop digging.
    I could call you a spanner - but I won’t 😂
    We are in essence talking about now aren't we with regard to the clubs feck up of the work permit .

What I'm saying is that today it's not that hard to come to this country legally .

For instance Pines got his work permit easily enough , the French kid too at the beginning of the season .

Now your telling me it was years ago when you were involved .

Seems to me you keep moving the goalposts every time you receive a reply from myself .

The club fecked up YN , live with it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We are in essence talking about now aren't we with regard to the clubs feck up of the work permit .

What I'm saying is that today it's not that hard to come to this country legally .

For instance Pines got his work permit easily enough , the French kid too at the beginning of the season .

Now your telling me it was years ago when you were involved .

Seems to me you keep moving the goalposts every time you receive a reply from myself .

The club fecked up YN , live with it .
    We all know that immigration is up to 700,000 per year.
    But that doesn’t get away from the fact that it’s extremely difficult to get into this country.
    And that’s why we have the boat people.
    A tick in the wrong place or not meeting all the requirements and you fail.
    The Thalhammer application is proof of that.

Applications from America such as Pines may be dealt with differently - I don’t know.

No I don’t think the club fecked up (as you put it) - I think that over the years they will have tried to get a number of HC and players over the line - they will have failed with some and been successful with others.

All this negativity currently surrounding the club stems from the failure of Collins and the poor performances of this last season.
    Many supporters now turning their anger on the directors when it’s totally uncalled for.

But that doesn’t get away from the fact that it’s extremely difficult to get into this country.

Applications from America such as Pines may be dealt with differently - I don’t know.

No I don’t think the club fecked up (as you put it) - I think that over the years they will have tried to get a number of HC and players over the line - they will have failed with some and been successful with others.

All this negativity currently surrounding the club stems from the failure of Collins and the poor performances of this last season.
    Many supporters now turning their anger on the directors when it’s totally uncalled for.
    You seem to be unaware that boat people are claiming asylum and we've legally accepted 700k immigrants of whom 80% are unskilled .

What part of that makes it difficult to get in to this country ?

As ever you struggle to digest the facts and instead decide to interpret them to suit your agenda , wrongly most of the time .

All this negativity is due to incompetence from the ownership who aren't capable of running a football club .

The list is endless of their feck ups .

Your using Collins as the fall guy the same as you've tried to use Aiden Marsh for the FA Cup debacle and the non hiring of Thalhammer on the immigration authorities .

It's quite a pathetic spectacle to come on here and read your tripe .

I don't suffer fools gladly YN so if you want to continue as the David Icke of this board then you are going to receive replies that are deserving of fruitcakes such as Icke .

You set the agenda and both myself and others respond in kind .

Don't come back with tripe about free speech and differing opinions either , opinions and free speech come with responsibility .

Fruitcake opinions get what they deserve .

YN you quoted-All this negativity currently surrounding the club stems from the failure of Collins and the poor performances of this last season.

Do you not think YN that the board might have scapegoated Collins?, got him by the arms and legs, and chucked him under the oncoming Van Hool? Wrapping this up in ‘it’s what the fans want’ clothing? Yet in reality it was a drunken bunch who thought spending £150 to go to an away game to hurl abuse at someone was the most productive way to spend their day - these ‘fans’ were likely folks’ parents and in my opinion an embarrassment who didn’t represent everyone’s opinions - mine included. I said that after they sacked Collins it would be their head on the chopping block next , because if things aren’t good in the first 10 games next season , fans won’t blame the new HC . Will the board be so willing to listen to fans’ opinions then if it’s their names being called for?

Collins might not have delighted many with his football from what I’ve read, however we had a resilience in coming from behind which hasn’t been present for a while. I’ve seen a lot worse at oakwell over the years and this smacks very much of be careful what you wish for

Renno.
    IMO - Collins was the worst manager / HC I’ve seen since probably Spackman.

Let’s go through recent history of managers / HCs.
    IMO - Patrick didn’t sign a bad manager.
    All of them were good signings - I’m guessing Maurice Watkins had a big hand in that as he had a finger in every pie and knew who to ask - but all those managers signed were shopping at Lidl (as Keith Hill put it) - so they were all doomed to fail - as Barnsley during that period were trying to buy players that clubs with bigger budgets were also trying to sign.
    Consequently we had no value in the squad and no one to sell - unless of course they came through the ranks.

Morais. First HC that was at the forefront of introducing vertical football with a team of players that were used to playing the old fashioned 442 system.
    No wonder he failed.

Schopp and Ashbagi. These two had Conway deciding who played and how they played.
    From the start they were destined to fail.
    But IMO we didn’t get to see what these two could actually do given a chance.

Collins - changed the playing style of the club - EVERY supporter I talked to last season said the performances were terrible.
    Every player from the previous season played worse under Collins. ALL the new signings seem to be not up to the usual standards of what’s been signed before, no coincidence there.

You can look at all the previous managers and HCs and understand the circumstances they were playing under.
    The performances and style of play during the reign of Collins is unfathomable.
    His appointment just doesn’t add up.
    In my view something has happened behind the scenes that we haven’t heard about that resulted in Collins being signed.
    Whether that was something relating to Khaled we don’t know - but it wouldn’t surprise me.

The disastrous appointment of Collins has resulted in a large proportion of the fan base becoming angry with the directors.
    All sorts of accusations are now being thrown at them.
    These directors will know too well that Collins has cost the club promotion and money.

The directors usually take weeks to appoint a new HC. Which means they were probably talking to Thalhammer weeks or months ago.
    That deal unfortunately dropped through.

They will be speaking to a range of HCs at the moment trying to sift through them.
    As supporters we need a bit of patience.
    They have come good before with Duff, Ismael, Struber and Stendel - they will come good again.

Yours Sincerely
    Fruitcake
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 23-05-2024 at 08:08 AM.

Renno.
    IMO - Collins was the worst manager / HC I’ve seen since probably Spackman.

Let’s go through recent history of managers / HCs.
    IMO - Patrick didn’t sign a bad manager.
    All of them were good signings - I’m guessing Maurice Watkins had a big hand in that as he had a finger in every pie and knew who to ask - but all those managers signed were shopping at Lidl (as Keith Hill put it) - so they were all doomed to fail - as Barnsley during that period were trying to buy players that clubs with bigger budgets were also trying to sign.
    Consequently we had no value in the squad and no one to sell - unless of course they came through the ranks.

Morais. First HC that was at the forefront of introducing vertical football with a team of players that were used to playing the old fashioned 442 system.
    No wonder he failed.

Schopp and Ashbagi. These two had Conway deciding who played and how they played.
    From the start they were destined to fail.
    But IMO we didn’t get to see what these two could actually do given a chance.

Collins - changed the playing style of the club - EVERY supporter I talked to last season said the performances were terrible.
    Every player from the previous season played worse under Collins. ALL the new signings seem to be not up to the usual standards of what’s been signed before, no coincidence there.

You can look at all the previous managers and HCs and understand the circumstances they were playing under.
    The performances and style of play during the reign of Collins is unfathomable.
    His appointment just doesn’t add up.
    In my view something has happened behind the scenes that we haven’t heard about that resulted in Collins being signed.
    Whether that was something relating to Khaled we don’t know - but it wouldn’t surprise me.

The disastrous appointment of Collins has resulted in a large proportion of the fan base becoming angry with the directors.
    All sorts of accusations are now being thrown at them.
    These directors will know too well that Collins has cost the club promotion and money.

The directors usually take weeks to appoint a new HC. Which means they were probably talking to Thalhammer weeks or months ago.
    That deal unfortunately dropped through.

They will be speaking to a range of HCs at the moment trying to sift through them.
    As supporters we need a bit of patience.
    They have come good before with Duff, Ismael, Struber and Stendel - they will come good again.

Yours Sincerely
    Fruitcake
    There has been worse HC and managers who have had far more backing than NC.

If they were talking to other managers while NC was in situ , then it would be naive of the board not to think this doesn't sit well with other potential managers, as it demonstrates an immorality which could quite easily filter down the food chain at the club - this wouldn't be the sort of behaviour I expect of a what is basically a small town club

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    If Thalhammer had had the appropriate experience to qualify for a Work Visa then the "immigration" rules would not be an issue. He would be a skilled worker coming in on a legal route.

The club messed up because they did not examine the Work Visa regulations in the correct manner.
    Maybe the club were paying him less than the £38,000 threshold for legal immigrants SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Maybe the club were paying him less than the £38,000 threshold for legal immigrants SB.
    I’d be surprised to hear anything other than this:
    Directors decide on Thalhammer.
    An immigration laywer is appointed.
    The lawyer points out that Thalhammer hasn’t the experience to qualify - but we might able to push it through - and if we fail there’s a chance we could win it on appeal.
    The directors follow that advice.
    Thalhammer was denied after the appeal.

Thalhammer, the directors and the lawyers have done nothing wrong.
    Some supporters are just wanting something to kick.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast