+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: League Two Signings Thread 2024/25

It blows my mind that people decide whether to buy a season ticket based on the signings we make pre-season. Did these people just never turn up during most of the last 30 years?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It blows my mind that people decide whether to buy a season ticket based on the signings we make pre-season. Did these people just never turn up during most of the last 30 years?
    Blows my mind where people feel they need to state that they’re not or not yet decided to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    What I'm saying is that you never seem to have a good word to say for Notts. Given their performances for the 65yrs I've been following them you'd be right to say most of the time the signings they've made have been rubbish going back to at least Terry Bly and many that I've forgotten. That is why, with the exception of a handful of seasons, we are a lower league yo-you club that have lurched from crisis to crisis much as a person who is bipolar.

Saying "Notts are sh1t" or the "Signings are sh1t" or the "Management are sh1t" works for a majority of those 65yrs and so you've been right to be so negative. Not sure how it helps and hence thought with your attitude you'd be better off being happy supporting a more successful side and as much as folk might hate to say it in the last 65+ years the ones over the Trent win hands down. I guess at heart your a bit of a masochist and secretly enjoy the woeful displays you have to endure and then the opportunity to say "sh1t".
    We have had some memorable seasons over the years, noticeably with Jimmy, Warnock, Big Sam, Cotterill and more recently Williams to a lesser extent. But in between with have had some real crap with the likes of Lloyd, Brazil, Fenton, Backe, Kendall, Sheridan, Ince, Kywomya, Murphy, Fullerton, Thordasson, Scott, Slade, Burchnall, and it now looks like we have appointed another one to be on the list.. Thats why i get so irate when we make appointments like those. And the same applies to some of the players we have recruited over the years..

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Last season's attendances compared with those from the previous thirty years would suggest that the answer to your question is Yes

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We have had some memorable seasons over the years, noticeably with Jimmy, Warnock, Big Sam, Cotterill and more recently Williams to a lesser extent. But in between with have had some real crap with the likes of Lloyd, Brazil, Fenton, Backe, Kendall, Sheridan, Ince, Kywomya, Murphy, Fullerton, Thordasson, Scott, Slade, Burchnall, and it now looks like we have appointed another one to be on the list.. Thats why i get so irate when we make appointments like those. And the same applies to some of the players we have recruited over the years..
    A couple of games or so before the season ended you said he might actually do well for Notts? So why the dramatic change of mind?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    A couple of games or so before the season ended you said he might actually do well for Notts? So why the dramatic change of mind?
    The short corner at FGR in the last seconds of the game when he stood there with his hands in his pockets, when we should have at least made an effort to get an equalizer.. This to me, meant that he had idea of what was going on. Clueless bunch of stooges..

Personally I thought the balls up on the substitution at FGR was worse. To take a player off with out a replacement at least identified is completely unprofessional imho. And what happens we concede the winning goal before the sub gets on.

Hopefully some newsworthy signings happen soon as this thread has veered way off topic lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire_Pie View Post
    Personally I thought the balls up on the substitution at FGR was worse. To take a player off with out a replacement at least identified is completely unprofessional imho. And what happens we concede the winning goal before the sub gets on.
    That just highlights his total incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The short corner at FGR in the last seconds of the game when he stood there with his hands in his pockets, when we should have at least made an effort to get an equalizer.. This to me, meant that he had idea of what was going on. Clueless bunch of stooges..
    Blimey I’ve heard people turning on a manager after a bad game but never a bad corner kick 😂. Have to admit most of my confidence has petered away in him, he’s got to get off to a good start or any optimistic mood will change pretty quickly.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast